jack avery • tattoo

"jack, i'm scared," you said, squeezing his hand. your husband, jack, was driving you to a tattoo shop. you were getting matching tattoos to celebrate the birth of your first child.

"don't be. it doesn't even hurt that bad," he assured you. you nodded and looked out at the road.

"i still think we should've waited longer before leaving her at home with zach." you shook your head.

"he's an adult now, y/n." he chuckled. "and we aren't going very far. he'll be fine with her."

jack pulled into the parking lot and you both got out. jack grabbed your hand and walked with you. he held the door open and you walked inside. you started feeling butterflies in your stomach.

"jack, what's up man?" a guy asked, walking from the back of the shop.

"hey dom!" they did their guy handshake and hugged. "this is my wife, y/n."

"nice to meet you y/n," he said. you smiled and shook his hand.

"you too."

"so we're doing the roman numerals, right?" dom asked.

"yeah, march fifth 2023," jack said.

"let me draw it out, you guys can just chill on the couches. i have drinks in the fridge if you want any," dom said.

"okay, thank you." jack took your hand and led you over to the couches, grabbing a water bottle on the way.

he sat on the couch, putting his arm around your shoulders.

"it's gonna be fine, you don't have to be so nervous," jack said chuckling.

"sorry." you chuckled.

"i'll go first if it'll make you feel better." you nodded and he smiled. he leaned in and softly kissed your lips.

"should i call zach?" you asked.

"baby, they're fine. he's not gonna burn down the apartment." you both laughed.

"okay, i'm ready for y'all," dom said after a while. you stood up and went to the back. he showed you the drawing and you both agreed that you liked it.

jack sat in the chair and put his wrist on the table.

"okay, ready?" dom asked. jack nodded and he turned the machine on. he pressed the needle onto jack's skin and he screamed.

"shit!"

"what? are you okay? oh my god!" you immediately started freaking out while jack and dom just laughed. "you asshole."

"i'm sorry babe," jack said still laughing. you shook your head and playfully glared at him.

dom started the machine again and in about ten minutes he was done. he got it all bandaged up and everything, then had me sit down while he got everything cleaned and ready.

"you were kidding right? it doesn't hurt that bad?" you asked, looking up at jack.

"i promise it's not gonna be that bad, love. it'll hurt, but you can do it," he told you.

"if you can give birth, you can get through a tattoo," dom said. you all laughed.

"will you hold my hand?" you asked.

"i was planning on it." jack smiled. he pulled a chair up next to you and held your hand. dom turned the machine on and you closed your eyes, taking a deep breath. jack held the back of your hand against his lips.

"ready?" dom asked. you nodded and soon the needle was poking your skin. you squeezed jack's hand, but you quickly got used to the feeling and relaxed.

"see? it's nothing," jack said when you were about halfway done. you smiled and he leaned over to kiss your cheek.

"and...done!" dom turned the machine off and wiped your wrist before putting the bandages on. "you're all set."

"thank you so much," you said. you a jack both hugged dom before paying him for the tattoo's.

jack put his arm around your waist and walked you out to the car, opening your door for you.

"these are gonna look so good once they heal," jack said, starting the car. you smiled and looked at him. he noticed you staring:

"what?" he asked.

"i love you." you smiled. he chuckled.

"i love you too." he leaned over and kissed your lips, holding your chin.

he pulled away and started driving back to your apartment. once you were parked you hurried up the elevator to your door. jack unlocked it and you rushed inside, heading towards y/c/n's room.

"where's my baby girl?" you called. zach came out of the room with her in his arms.

"there you are!" you took y/c/n from zach and held her in your arms, both of you smiling wide.

jack showed zach the tattoo while you talked to y/c/n.

"thanks for watching her zach," you said.

"yeah, no problem," he said. he hugged you both and kissed y/c/n's forehead before leaving the apartment.

jack came over and smiled at y/c/n, making her smile and giggle, reaching out for him. jack took her and rocked her on his hip, smiling and talking to her.

"you're so adorable," you said. jack looked up and smiled. he grabbed your waist and pulled you against him, rocking you back and forth with him.

you started laughing when jack put his arm around your waist and started dancing the three of you around the living room.

he led you to the couch and you both sat down. jack held y/c/n in one arm against his chest and had his other arm wrapped around your shoulders.

he kissed y/c/n's head then kissed your lips.

"my two angels," he said softly. you smiled and kissed his cheek.

"i love you."

"i love you more."

*****