daniel seavey • ferris wheel

"y/n, let's go on the ferris wheel!" y/f/n exclaimed, grabbing your hand and her boyfriends hand.

you three had decided to spend the day at an amusement park in your town. it was summer, so you were all dressed in shorts and tshirts.

you made your way to the ferris wheel, which surprisingly had a short line.

more people started joining behind you before the worker stopped the ferris wheel to let those people off and let the new people on.

"wait, it's a two seated one," your friend said.

"i can go by myself," you offered.

"you sure?" your friend's boyfriend asked.

"yeah i'll be fine," you assured them.

the worker took your friend and her boyfriend to their cart and got them locked in, then moved the ferris wheel once.

"you by yourself?" the worker asked. you nodded.

"anyone riding by themselves?" the worker asked. you sighed and closed your eyes. did he really just have to announce that you were all alone?

"i am." you turned and saw a boy from the group of guys behind you step up. he was thin and tall with blue eyes and brown hair. you looked forward and smiled a little.

"thank you sir, right this way." the worker led you two to the ferris wheel cart. the seat was so small your legs were pressed up against each other.

"um, i'm daniel," he spoke.

"i'm y/n," you said.

"nice to meet you," he said with a smile. he had a gap between his front teeth that made his smile contagious.

"you too."

"so, were you the odd one out too?" he asked chuckling.

"yeah, my friend invited me and then her boyfriend showed up too. but it's okay, i don't mind." you shrugged. "what about you?"

"i'm just here with my friends, but there's five of us. we're actually in a band."

"oh yeah?" you asked. "that's pretty cool."

"yeah, it's a lot of fun."

"so then you like to sing?"

"yeah, i love singing, and playing instruments. i was on american idol a few years ago."

"oh, no way! i used to watch american idol." you smiled.

"it was a great experience."

"i bet." you chuckled.

"so what do you like to do?" he asked.

"oh, i don't know." you shrugged.

"you don't have any hobbies?"

"i mean, i guess i sing too but i'm not serious about it. i wanna be a writer, i'm going to school in the fall."

"then good luck to you." he smiled.

"you too." you chuckled. the worker had gotten everyone in their carts, so the ferris wheel started spinning in circles with the music playing.

"hey y/n," daniel said. you turned to look at him.

"hm?"

"you have really beautiful eyes," he said staring into yours.

"oh i-i...thank you." you liked down at your lap to hide your blush. "yours are beautiful too."

"thank you." he chuckled.  "i just couldn't help it, sorry."

"no, don't be." you smiled.

the ride started slowing down and the worker let people off.

you saw your friends get out of their cart in front of you and wait at the bottom of the ferris wheel. you and daniel got off next and started walking down the steps.

"y/n, who's this?" your friend asked.

"this is daniel," you said. "daniel this is y/f/n and y/f-bf/n."

"hey what's up." daniel smiled and they both smiled too.

"daniel!" you both turned and four guys came up to y'all.

"hey guys. um this is y/n, y/f/n, and y/f-bf/n. this is zach, jack, corbyn, and jonah." you smiled at the four guys.

"hey, we were thinking of going to the go-karts. y'all wanna come with?" the boy introduced as jonah asked. you looked back and your two friends nodded.

"okay." you smiled. the eight of you headed towards the go-karts and waited in line.

the boys started talking with your friends, leaving you and daniel on the side. you were talking about random stuff, learning about your families and more about each of your friends.

"so y/n, forgive me if this is inappropriate but...do you have a boyfriend?" daniel asked.

"no i don't." you but your lip. "do you have a girlfriend?"

"i don't." he smiled.

"good to know." you smirked.

"let's make a deal y/n," daniel said smirking back at me.

"what's that deal?"

"if i beat you, you go on a date with me. if you win, i'll buy you food but no date."

"okay, deal." you nodded your head. daniel stuck his hand out and you shook it. then a worker rolled you to your cars ready at the starting point.

you were always competitive, but you figure maybe this once you could let daniel win. only because you could tell that you two had connected and you wanted to go on a date with him.

you teased him throughout the race, speeding passed him then slowing down. you were on your last lap and you were tailing right behind daniel.

you sped up and went around him, smirking as you passed by him. you heard him yell something from behind you, and as you started slowing down he sped right by you and crossed the finish line.

you parked your karts and got out. you walked up to him and he looked at you, holding his hands up to act innocent.

"i guess you owe me a date." he smiled.

"i guess so."

*****