jack avery • car crash

"babe, it's late are you on your way home yet?" your boyfriend jack asked. he had called you while you were driving home from your parents house, so he was connected to the bluetooth in your car.

"yeah, sorry i got distracted. i'll be home in about thirty minutes," you said. your parents lived about an hour from you and jack's apartment.

"want me to stay on the phone?" he asked. he knew how nervous you got driving at night, especially when it was raining.

"yeah sure." you yawned.

"how were your parents?"

"they're good. my mom just wanted me to cut her hair, but then my dad started asking about you and work so i stayed longer than i meant to."

"yeah i figured. your parents like to talk." we both laughed.

"what'd you do while i was gone?" you asked. jack started talking about his night and how he took isla out to dinner.

the rain got increasingly harder and it was hard to see through your windshield. you were getting close to an overpass so you could pull over and wait it out, but you never made it. you could barely see the brake lights in front of you, so when the car in front slammed on your breaks, you didn't even notice and ran right into them, making your airbag go off. the car behind you slid into you and the car next to you bumped you too.

you had hit your head on the window, hard enough to make you pass out.

the next time you woke up, you were in a hospital bed with a pounding headache. your eyes fluttered, adjusting to the bright lights.

"t-turn the l-lights off," you muttered softly.

"y/n?" you heard jack's voice.

"t-the lights," you said again.

"okay." you heard jack walking then the lights turned off. the light from the hallway was shining in so you could see, but it wasn't nearly as bright.

jack walked back over and sat next to your bed, holding your hand. you winced when he grabbed your hand and pulled away.

"i-i'm sorry," jack said. you looked and saw your left wrist wrapped up in a bandage. your left leg was sore and scratched up, but nothing was broken.

"w-what happened?" you asked.

"you were in an accident. you fractured your wrist and got a concussion. and you have scratches all over you and a cut on your head. but you're alive and that's all that maters." jack let out a sigh of relief and put his hand on your cheek.

"it was my fault wasn't it?"

"it was raining, i'm sure you couldn't see."

"i couldn't." you shook your head. "are the others okay?"

"yeah, i don't think anything was major."

"good."

"i'm just glad you're okay." he reached up and kissed your lips.

"did you call my parents?"

"i'm assuming they were asleep, i called them both three times but they didn't answer."

"oh. we can call them in the morning."

"yeah. do you want any water or something?" he asked.

"um, water please," you said softly.

"okay." he got up and left the room. you closed your eyes and put your head back on your pillow. your head was still pounding and you felt tears in your eyes.

"here you go- hey are you okay?" jack asked.

"my head is pounding," you told him.

"i'm sorry love." he leaned down and softly kissed your forehead. he grabbed the cup of water and helped you sit up slowly so you could drink it. the. the lights flipped on and you winced.

"okay, y/n?" a nurse came in with a clipboard.

"she had the lights off because her head was hurting," jack said.

"oh, i'm so sorry." she turned the lights back off. "so then i guess the question of how you're doing isn't good?"

you shook your head.

"my head is pounding and i'm nauseous."

"yeah, that's from your concussion." she began explaining side effects and things i could or couldn't do. "we're gonna keep you here overnight to watch you, so get comfortable. if you need anything let us know."

"thank you," jack said. they left and closed the door. you sighed.

"i'm sorry baby," jack said softly. you shrugged.

"want me to hold you?" he asked. you nodded.

"just be careful of my leg and my wrist." jack nodded and you pushed back the blankets. you scooted over and he sat next to you, carefully putting his arm behind you.

you pulled the blanket up over you and put your head on jack's chest. he kissed the top of your head.

you reached over and grabbed his hand, holding it and playing with his rings, something you found yourself doing when you were nervous.

"it's gonna be okay love," he whispered. you nodded.

"i love you," he kissed your head again.

"i love you too."

*****
a/n
hey guys, i'm in california rn ahhhh. i went to venice beach yesterday but didn't see any of wdw or their families bc ya know it was like 10 but anyway i'm on vacation but i have a lot of ideas so be ready for a bunch of really good updates. i hope you liked this chapter. love y'all :)