jack avery • on the plane

this is for my bestest friend in the whole world olivia bc she's special and her birthday is on sunday haha love you liv

"you ready to go home?" jack asked you. you had been visiting your boyfriend while he was on tour in europe, but sadly it was time to fly home to la.

"no," you said crossing your arms and pouting your lips.

"we'll come back babe."

"i know." you went back on your phone, switching between social media's to pass the time until you could board your flight. you suddenly felt a familiar feeling and you internally started freaking out.

"i'm going to the bathroom i'll be back," you said. you took your purse and hurried to the bathroom. just as you had been afraid of, you started your period.

you remembered to bring tampons, but no medicine to ease your cramps. you sighed from frustration, not wanting to have to deal with your painful cramps for eleven hours.

your phone buzzed and a text popped up from jack.

jack
we're about to board, you alright?

y/n
yeah i'm on my way back

you internally cursed, feeling a wave of pain wash over you. you got your bag and walked out of the bathroom, holding your stomach.

"you alright?" jack asked. he had left your seats and was standing in line to board the plane. he wrapped his arm around you as soon as you walked up, placing his hand on your lower back.

"i started my period and my cramps are really bad but i don't have any midol," you said quietly.

"you think they have some in one of the stores?" he asked. you moved up and we're next in line.

"maybe, but it's too late now. i'll just deal with it." you shrugged your shoulders. jack rubbed your back when you suddenly felt a sharp pain and winced.

"i'm gonna go get some midol."

"jack we're next, i'll be fine," you told him.

"no, i don't want you to be in pain for eleven hours. i'll be back super quick i promise." he pecked your lips and left your side.

you sighed and looked at the flight attendant waiting for your boarding pass.

"he just ran to grab some medicine, can i just wait for him?" you asked.

"for a short time, but then we'll have to close the gate," she said.

"he'll be quick." you stepped out of line, letting jack's bandmates go passed you.

your eyes searched the airport, worried that jack wouldn't make it in time. the closest store was still a ways away and there were a lot of people in the airport. and you knew jack wouldn't stop at just one store if they didn't have what he wanted.

"ma'am, we need to close the gate soon," a flight attendant said.

"he's on his way back," you told her. she nodded and stepped back behind her desk.

you pulled out your phone to text jack, but a text from him had already popped up. he was on his way back. you looked up and searched for his curly hair, feeling relieved when you spotted him.

"sorry about that, needed to grab some last minute things," jack said to the flight attendant. she smiled and nodded, checking our passes then sending us through the gate.

you made it to your seats, jack letting you have the window seat. he sat next to you and the seat next to him was empty. jack put the bag from the store on his lap.

"i found pamprin, i hope that'll work. if not i grabbed melatonin so then you can just go to sleep. i also grabbed more tampons, i think i got the right kind. and i got you a water and a chocolate bar because i know that's what you crave," he said, showing you everything he bought. you smiled, completely in awe of him.

"jack..."

"what? did i grab the wrong thing?" he asked, worry showing all over his face.

"no, you got all the right stuff. thank you so much baby," you said softly.

his frown turned into a big smile and his cheeks turned pink. you put your hand on his cheek and softly kissed his lips.

"i just hate when you're in pain. you're so sweet you don't deserve that," he said.

"you're the sweet one jack," you told him, kissing him again. he smiled and handed you the pamprin.

you swallowed a few pills with your water, then put the medicine and the tampons into your backpack.

"let me know if you need anything else," he whispered, kissing your cheek.

"i think you got everything." you chuckled. "but can we cuddle?"

"duh." he lifted the arm rest up. "wait i have an idea."

he scooted to the outside seat and told yo to move to the middle seat.

"now once they tell us we can take our seatbelts off you can stretch out and lay in my lap," he said.

"you're a genius babe," you said. he chuckled. you moved to the middle seat and leaned over to kiss him.

soon you took off and were in the air. the seatbelt light turned off and you did exactly what jack had said. you grabbed your blanket and put it over your legs, laying on jack's lap.

he used his neck pillow to rest his head on, having one hand rest on your side or your stomach and one hand running through your hair.

the medicine kicked in and your cramps weren't nearly as bad as before. jack massaging your head out you to sleep quickly. you always slept better when jack was by your side.

*****

a/n
happy birthday oliviiiiiaaaaaaaaaa i love you so muuuuuuccchhhhh also i can't wait for the song dropping tonight ahhhhhhh come to brazil woaaaaahhhhh

lol