daniel seavey • babysitting

request for writingseavey / kokopiloko

"can you and y/n do me a huge favor?" jack asked. you and your boyfriend daniel were cuddling on the couch when he had called daniel.

"depends," daniel responded.

"i wanna take gabbie out tonight. it's been months since we've had alone time. i love lavender but i want a night with gabbie," he said.

"so you want us to babysit?"

"yes please. just for a few hours and then we'll take her back." you grabbed the phone from daniel.

"you're talking about her like she's not an adorable baby. of course we'll babysit, jack," you said.

"whew thank you so much," he sighed. "i'll bring her over in an hour or so."

"alright see you then. bye." you hung up and gave daniel his phone back.

"what if i wanted alone time with you tonight?" daniel asked.

"then you can have it after she leaves. gabbie isn't gonna want to stay out super late anyway. you'll be fine." you patted his chest.

less than an hour later, jack was knocking on your apartment door. you went and answered it, smiling when jack was holding lavender.

"aww hi there," you said, tickling lavender.

"i have her diaper bad and anything else you might possibly need in this bag," jack said.

"here let me take her for you." you took lavender and held her on your hip.

jack came inside and set the bags down. daniel came up behind you, putting his hand on your waist.

"gabbie didn't wanna come?" daniel asked.

"i was worried if she came she wouldn't want to let her go," jack said. you chuckled.

"we'll take good care of her," you assured him.

"good." he gently grabbed lavenders hand and leaned in to kiss her cheeks. "i'll see you soon baby girl. i love you."

she giggled and babbled at jack as he stepped back.

"we'll probably be back around ten. gabbie fed her before we left but she'll probably be hungry again at about eight and then after that you can just put her down to sleep," he said.

"okay." he looked at lavender then back at you with worry in his eyes. "we're fine jack, go."

"okay." he stood there for another second before turning around and leaving. you chuckled and closed the door.

"so ms. lavender, what should we do first?" you asked. you walked into the living room and sat on the floor. daniel brought her bags and you pulled out some toys for her to play with.

she played with her toys for a while, laughing and giggling and kicking her legs around. when she got bored of that daniel pulled out his guitar. you held her in your lap while he sang and played his guitar. gabbie told you how much lavender loved when jack would sing to her.

you laughed as daniel tried to change her diaper, then took over for him.

"you're so much better at this than me," he said.

"i have younger siblings i've done this before," you told him. he nodded and kissed your cheek.

you let her play with her toys again and read a story to her. a couple hours later she was hungry again so you heated up a bottle and rocked her in your arms as you fed her.

"you're a natural," daniel said, standing behind you and putting his arm around your waist.

"don't get any ideas," you warned him. he chuckled and kissed your head.

when lavender was asleep you went to you and daniel's bedroom. you set up pillows so she wouldn't roll off, then lay her down.

you went back out to the living room where daniel was sitting in the couch. you sat next to him, leaning your head on his shoulder.

"she asleep?" he asked.

"yeah." he wrapped his arm around your shoulders and kissed your head. you snuggled into his side and closed your eyes.

the next thing you knew you were laying on the couch, alone. you rubbed your eyes and checked your phone, seeing you had only been sleeping for an hour. you looked around trying to find daniel, but you didn't see him.

you stood up and walked back to his bedroom, finding him there. he was asleep sitting up with lavender in his arms. your heart melted at the sight of him. you carefully sat next to him, gently taking lavender out of his arms. you poked his cheeks and his eyes fluttered open.

"hm?" he asked, slowly waking up.

"what were you doing?" you asked.

"lavender woke up so i was rocking her and then i fell asleep." he shrugged.

"jack should be here soon and then we can go to bed, okay?"

he nodded, then lay down on the bed and curled up into his pillow.

"or you could fall asleep now." you softly chuckled.

you took lavender into the living room and lay on the couch. you lay her on your chest and turned the tv on quietly. she was so cute while she slept, you couldn't look away from her.

soon jack was knocking on your door. you carefully picked lavender up and held her so she wouldn't wake up, then went to the door.

you saw jack and gabbie both standing there. gabbie reaches for lavender and you carefully handed her off. then you went and grabbed all of her bags, bringing them back to jack.

"did she do okay?" gabbie asked.

"she was perfect guys, i told you we'd be fine." you smiled.

"thank you." jack hugged you.

"see y'all later." they left and you closed the front door. you went back to daniel's bedroom, finding him still asleep. you took off your sweatpants, leaving you in just your shirt and underwear.

you crawled next to daniel and shook his shoulders.

"just help me get under the blankets okay?" he nodded and shifted his body so you could pull the sheets and comforter down.

he rolled onto his side to face you, pulling you into his chest.

"you're really cute when you're holding a baby," you whispered.

"yeah?" he asked sleepily.

"mhm."

"wanna make one?" he asked. you laughed and shook your head.

"not yet. for now we can just...practice. but not tonight because you're exhausted."

"tomorrow night?" he asked.

"sure." you chuckled and pecked his lips.

"i love you," he said softly.

"i love you too."

*****