Chapter 01

[MINA POV]

Ah... Korea. I miss Korea so much. Finally I came back here after 2 years leaving this country. Two years ago, precisely in the winter, my family and I moved back to Japan. Ah wait... let me introduce myself first. I am Mina, Myoui Mina. My name doesn't sound like Korean, right? Yeah, because I'm Japanese, my family is Japanese. I was born and raised there. The first time I set foot in Korea was when I was 8 years old. My dad opened a new company branch here, so yeah, mom, brother and I followed him here. And because my father's company in Japan had a problem and he had to handle it, our family decided to return to Japan two years ago. But it doesn't matter because the problem is resolved and I'm here now hehe.

I arrived in Korea yesterday. My best friend kept contacting me since last night. She wants to meet me and I agree. We'll meet in the park near our old school today. I can't wait to meet her. I wonder how she is now, is she still clingy? Or has something changed from her? So, here I am. I sat on a bench waiting for her.

A few minutes later.

Ring... Ring...  

My phone rings. 'Squirrel' appears on my screen.

"Moshi-moshi... Oh, that cafe? Okay wait, I'm going now".     ((Moshi-moshi = Hello))

That squirrel, my best friend, called me. She asked me to come to the cafe that I know, she was waiting for me there. I stood up and walked to that place. But suddenly, I saw someone from the opposite direction, that person ran and then bumped into me. We both fell.

"Ouch...". I held my hand, it felt a bit sting because it hit the floor.

I stood up and took a glanced. That person is wearing a hoodie that covers her body. But I can still look at her face slighty. Yeah.. she's a girl. I guess she's younger than me. I gave my hand trying to help her. I could see blood on the floor and I was surprised that the blood was from the girl in front of me.

"Hey, your hands are bleeding". I said.

She was shocked and tried to cover her hand with her hoodie. A few seconds later, she stood up and left me. What's wrong with her? She didn't apologize and just ran away like that. I thought. I turned my gaze back to the floor, too much blood, it looks like her hand was seriously injured. But I'm sure it wasn't a wound from our little incident. Maybe something happened to her. Ah... nevermind. Why do I think about it?

I fix myself and continue walking. It feels good to be here, walking down the streets of Korea and passing food vendors. I miss Korean food T.T... I'll ask that squirrel to accompany me to buy street food later.

I stopped in front of a cafe. The cafe where I often visit with my friends back then. This place hasn't changed. The atmosphere is still the same. I saw my friend sitting in the corner, alone. Her back was facing me. I approached her and hugged her from behind.  She was surprised.

She turned her head. "Mina-chan... aitai!".     ((Aitai = I miss you))

We hugged for a few moments. I really miss her. We haven't met for two years, but we always communicate with each other, we don't want to lose contact.

"Sana, where's Momo?". I pulled away.

"Momo can't come today. She have dance practice". I nodded. Sana told me that Momo will take part in a dance competition next week. So she's currently focusing on her practice.

Sana and Momo is my bestfriend. We have same hometown which is Japan. They moved to Korea early than me. Meanwhile I moved three years after them. Our school friends called us J-Line, because we came from Japan. We always hangout together. When I first moved I had difficulties in speaking Korean and they help me a lot on my hard time.

Sana is a cheerful, clingy and clumsy person. But she's really caring and a good listener. She also have a lot of aegyo. Meanwhile Momo, she's big eater, she really likes jokbal. Peoples called her 'Dancing Mochine'  because she's very good in dance.

~ Time skipped >>

This is my first day of college. I went to the same campus with Sana and Momo. Sana told me that we would be in the same class. Daebak!  I'm so happy about that. From now on, we'll together again.

Class will start at 8 AM, so I decide to go to campus at 7.30 AM. When I arrived at campus I stood near the gate. Sana asked me to wait for her. I play my phone so I don't get bored.

A few minutes later.

"Mina-chan...". I know who owns this voice. I turned, there are two girls waved at me. Then one of them ran towards me.

"Mina-chan, sorry I couldn't come yesterday". That girls said while hugged me. I looked at her, she hasn't changed at all. The only thing that changed was her hair, the last time we met her hair was still black, but she had blonde hair now. It suits her.

"It's okay Momo-ya. Sana already told me". I said.

Sana came while panting. "Yah... Momo-ya, why'd you leave me?". She holds her knee. Sana looks tired after running even though the distance is not too far. Momo didn't answer her. I chuckled. I haven't seen them like this for a long time.

Then we headed to our class. Sana and Momo gave a little tour around the campus. JYP University of Art is a favourite campus in Korea. So, no wonder that many rich and famous people study here. The owner of this campus, Park Jinyoung, also has an entertainment agency. The agency produced a lot of idols, Miss A and Wonder Girls are the idols from that agency. Two great girl groups that are successful and have many fans. I heard from Momo that she has a friend who is also a trainee at JYP Entertainment. She said she would introduce me to her later.

When we walk in the hallway, some boys checking on me. I feel uncomfortable, but I don't dare to say anything. I ignored them, trying not to think about it.

Finally we arrived at the class. Momo asked me to sit next to her because that seat was empty.

"Momo-ya, who is she?". A girl with bunny teeth who sit behind us asked Momo.

"Ah.. Girls, this is Mina. Mina, this is Nayeon and Jihyo". Momo introduced me to them.

"I'm Mina, Myoui Mina". I introduced myself.

"I'm Nayeon. Nice to meet you, Mina". A girl with bunny teeth handed her hand and I shook it. 

The girl with big eyes who sit beside Nayeon do the same. "Hello Mina, I'm Park Jihyo".

Momo told me that Jihyo was a trainee, the person she told me about.

And then the teacher come. As usual if there are new students, he/she has introduce themself in front of the class, so I do the same.

"Hello guys, my name is Myoui Mina. You can call me Mina. Nice to meet you all". I said and bowed.

I come back to my seat. Then the teacher give a lesson. That's it. There's nothing special in my first day at college.

********