Chapter 28

Chaeyoung POV

"Katarina..."

I turned when someone mentioned my name. I used that name while I lived in America. Actually, Katarina was my baptismal name. Nobody knew about that name, except Yugyeom. In fact, I never told Jeongyeon unnie and her family.

Yugyeom stood behind me with a man behind him. They look happy.

"You guys look happy, is something good happening?". And they only gave a smile.

I looked at Yugyeom with a confused look, but he remained silent. Then I averted my eyes to the man next to him.

"Mark, can you tell me?". I raised my eyebrows. Mark is Yugyeom's friend. Mark and I work on the same team, we help Yugyeom to produce music.

Mark shows his laptop. "Look at this".

An email appears on the laptop screen. I read the email carefully. And then I smiled broadly.

"Is this real?".

Mark and Yugyeom nodded at the same time. I covered my mouth because I felt disbelief.

The email came from Crystal Entertainment, a famous music agency in America. The email said that they were interested in the song I wrote. They will use the song for one of their singers and want to make contract with me.

Some time ago, I submitted a song I made to the agency. Actually, I didn't expect much because I knew that the agency had high criteria in song selection.

I hugged Yugyeom spontaneously. I am very happy to know that.

"Gomawo Yugyeom-ah". I said.

Yugyeom is someone who asked me not to give up on my talents, especially in music. According to him, my skills will be in vain if not used. Therefore, he asked me to try to submit my song to the agency. And his guess is right, the song I made was accepted.

"Mhmm ...". Mark clears his throat. Yugyeom and I looked at him. "Are you not going to hug me too?".

Then we laughed to see Mark who looked sullen. I approached Mark and hugged him for a few moments.

~ Time skipped ~

Yugyeom, Mark and I are in a private bar. We celebrated my debut as a songwriter in America. I signed a contract with Crystal Entertainment a few days ago.

I had created songs several times. I created 'Melting' song for the project in high school, the song I dedicated to Mina unnie. I also created songs used for TWICE such as 'Eye Eye Eye' , 'Don't Give Up' and many more. But I think being a songwriter for other singers is a great achievement.

"So, Katarina why are you using RedK for your name? What does that mean?". Mark asked me.

Yeah.. I use 'RedK'  for my name as a songwriter. I had thought about that, Yugyeom also helped me decide it.

"Red symbolizes confidence and courage. Red also my favorite color. And K for Katarina. So, it's RedK. As simple as that, there is no other meaning behind it". Mark nodded to hear my explanation.

We were at the bar until midnight. Yugyeom and Mark are drunk. I don't drink much, basically I don't like to drink. Besides, I have to drive and bring these two drunk people.

Yugyeom and I went home after delivering Mark to his apartment. I carried Yugyeom to his room. He was too drunk that he could not walk upright. I threw him on the bed. Then I took off his jacket and put on a blanket for him. When I will come out of that room, Yugyeom holds my hand. I turned around.

"Chaeyoung-ah.. Gomawo". He smiled. "I-I.. I..". His grip slowly slipped from my hand. He fell asleep before finishing his word. Ah, this guy.

I entered my room. After changing into pajamas, I lay down on the bed. I can't close my eyes. Then I decided to play with my phone. I opened Instagram's account that I have been making for a long time. A post caught my attention.

That's a post from @twicetagram, TWICE Instagram official account

Oh .. today is Tzuyu's birthday. If I don't see this post, I definitely won't remember it.

I started typing a few words in the comment section to congratulate her. I hope she reads it.

Tzuyu POV

We arrived at the dorm at 2pm. TWICE member just celebrated my birthday. I lay down in bed while reading the comments in my post. Some time ago, I posted a photo on Instagram. I get a lot of comments. ONCE wishes me a happy birthday.

'Happy birthday Tzuyu'

'Saengil chukhae Tzuyoda'

'Happy birthday Tzumong. We love you'

My gaze stopped at one of the comments there. That comment caught my attention.

'Tzuyu-ya, saengil chukhae. Did the member give you the cheese cake? I hope you get it. Be happy. I love you'.

I never told public about the fact that I like cheese cakes. It's just my family and the members who know it. How did he/she find out?

I tried to check the account. But apparently it is a private account. I can only see the profile picture of that person that is a butterfly. Suddenly I remembered Chaeyoung. She liked butterflies. She once told me about the philosophy of that beautiful animals.

My eyes were fixed on the bed next to me for a moment. Usually she is there, writing poetic words or just drawing abstracts. But now the bed is empty. Chaeyoung has left. I miss her laughter and her lame jokes. Don't you miss me Chaeng? My chingu Chaengie, my one-sided love...

********