Chapter 41

Mina unnie's cheeks turned red.

"You sweet talker". Mina unnie pushed me and ran away.

So the jealous penguin look like that. I smiled, then I ran to chase her. I chased her and interwined our fingers. She looked at me and smiled.

********

#CHAPTER 41

No One POV

After Chaeyoung returned, her life returned to normal. She did activities with TWICE, practicing choreography, recording and filming for their comeback and attending various other events. TWICE is one of the rising groups now. Their music is liked by people from various section of the world. Therefore they worked hard to do their best, especially Chaeyoung. She was left a step behind because of her hiatus. That made her try hard to be able to equate with other members.

Besides that, Chaeyoung is also undergoing treatment related to her illness. JYP Entertainment does its best by providing the best doctor for Chaeyoung. They hope that their artists can recover. Chaeyoung regularly consulted with doctors once every month. Jeongyeon always accompanied her sister to make sure there was nothing to worry about.

"There's nothing to worry about. You don't experience episodes, right?". Mrs.Kang said. She is the doctor who treat Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung nodded. She and her unnie were relieved.

"Thank you, Mrs. Kang. I will leave for now. See you next month". Chaeyoung stood followed by Jeongyeon. They then said goodbye and go home.

Manager oppa brought them both back to the dorm. Chaeyoung checked her phone, she turned it off during a consultation with the doctor. She got a message from Mina.

"Chaeng Chaeng, how is your consultation? I hope the results are good. By the way, I will not be in the dorm when you arrive. See you tonight  "

Chaeyoung smiled at the message from her girlfriend. She immediately replied. Chaeyoung pouted knowing that she wouldn't meet Mina until night. Mina has vocal lessons at the company which makes them unable to meet.

TWICE members were in the living room when Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung arrived. There are Jihyo and Nayeon watching Netflix. And Tzuyu who is applying nail polish to Sana. Their eyes were fixed on Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung's arrival.

"How's your consultation, Chaeng?". Jihyo asked.

Chaeyoung sits next to Jihyo. "The doctor said there was nothing to worry about unnie".

Jihyo nods. She is grateful to know that Chaeyoung's condition is fine.

"By the way, have you packed your things?". Jihyo said while eating potato chips.

"Done unnie". Chaeyoung answered. TWICE will go to New York tomorrow morning. They will attend KCON NY. "Ah Tzuyu, can I get my jacket that you borrowed? I'll bring it tomorrow".

Tzuyu turned her head. "Oh yeah. You can take it in my closet Chaeng". She continued to apply nail polish to her girlfriend.

"Okay".

Chaeyoung doesn't want to disturb the couple. She opened Tzuyu's closet and began to look for her jacket. She observed one by one the clothes in front of her. Oh it's my jacket. Chaeyoung immediately took it as soon as she found the stuff she was looking for. But something fell when she pulled her jacket.

It looks like an old book. Chaeyoung picks it up. The book was accidentally opened when it fell to the floor so Chaeyoung could see the contents inside. The book contained Tzuyu's handwriting. What is it? Is this Tzuyu's note? 

Chaeyoung opened the book. She realized that the thing she did was wrong. But the curiosity made her do it. Chaeyoung reads every page of the book. The book is mostly about Tzuyu's daily life, she tells about her school days and other stuff. Chaeyoung gave a small smile reading Tzuyu's story saying that she was happy to have a friend like Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung was her savior for her when other friends teased her. Aissh... how sweet she is. Chaeyoung thought.

Chaeyoung stopped on a page. She furrowed her brows.

"I feel something weird. I feel like my heart will explode when we hold hands or when she hugs me. I've never felt this before. I think I like her... more than best friend. Chaeyoung-ah, I like you. No, I love you. What should I do?"

Chaeyoung seemed to not believe what she had just read. Her hands began to tremble. She turned to another page.

"I gave her a letter, secretly. This is the first time in my life I have written a love letter for someone. I put it on Chaeyoung's locker without her knowledge. And I will pretend not to know about it. Like a secret admirer, right? I can't wait to see her response"

Chaeyoung remembered the incident in high school. She received a letter from someone unknown. The letter was about the confession that he/she liked Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung told about the letter to Tzuyu and Dahyun. Tzuyu even joked about the secret admirer. So, Tzuyu is the sender of the letter? Chaeyoung never expected it.

"Chaeyoung said it to me. She likes Mina unnie. I felt like something was stabbing my heart when I heard it. Why do I feel this way? Is this jealousy?"

Chaeyoung remembers when she told Tzuyu about her feelings for Mina. She saw that Tzuyu was okay as if nothing had happened. So Tzuyu hid it from me? I must have hurt Tzuyu's feelings. How could I not have realized everything all this time? She thought.

"Chaeng, did you find it? What made you s-?". Tzuyu didn't finish her question. Her eyes were fixed on the object Chaeyoung was holding.

Chaeyoung was shocked by Tzuyu's sudden appearance. Tzuyu then snatched the note from Chaeyoung's hand.

"Tz-Tzuyu-ah....".

Tzuyu cut Chaeyoung's words. "Looking at your expression, you must have read it". She looked at Chaeyoung with a fierce look. "I can explain".

It's suddenly silent. Nothing came out from their mouths. Awkward silence. This is something that never happened between them.

"That's right if I ever have feelings for you". Chaeyoung looked at Tzuyu who was looking in another direction. "But don't worry. That's the past. Now I don't have that feeling anymore, moreover I already have Sana unnie". Tzuyu is ready to go. "I hope we act like nothing happened after this". She said.

Tzuyu walked out leaving Chaeyoung who had only been silent. Her mouth seemed to be locked. She never thought Tzuyu had feelings for her. They are really close. Chaeyoung even considers Tzuyu as her family. This fact really surprised her. Chaeyoung, say something. If you shut up like this, it will get worse. Chaeyoung said to herself.

Chaeyoung closed her eyes. "Tzuyu-ah". She opened her eyes and saw her best friend stop before she managed to reach the door. "I'm sorry for being presumptuous. I have read your notes without permission". Chaeyoung felt guilty. She realized that it was a mistake from the start, but she still did it. "I shouldn't do that".

"It's okay Chaeng. Let's forget this". Tzuyu said without looking at Chaeyoung. Then she came out of the room carrying a note in her hand.

Chaeyoung sat on her bed. She regretted what had happened. She was worried that Tzuyu would be angry with her even though her friend had asked to forget about that. Chaeyoung covered her face with her palm. Damn it Chaeng!

((A/N: I'm sorry for being late for updates. And sorry for the boring chapter. I will make a few more chapters before ending it. Thanks for your support guys))