Chapter 33

We just met a few minutes ago, but I feel close with her. Rose is a friendly person, she can make our conversation fun.

The bus arrived. Rose and I got on the bus. We sat next to each other and continued our conversation which had been interrupted. We chat to kill time.

********

#CHAPTER 33

No One POV

After an hour, Chaeyoung and Rose arrived in a village. They walked the streets and searched for orphanages where they would volunteer. They can found it quickly because there aren't many large buildings in the village. The orphanage is big but the building looks old. As soon as they arrived at the place, Chaeyoung and Rose were greeted with the sounds of the kids running and playing on the yard. They stopped when seeing the arrival of the two women.

A boy with clean white skin approached them.

"Is there something we can help?". He asked politely.

Rose smiled. "Can we meet with Mrs.Nancy?".

"Oh sure, I'll take you". The boy invited Chaeyoung and Rose to enter the building.

The boy walked in the lead, while Chaeyoung and Rose followed behind him. They stopped in front of a room. He then knocked on the door and entered the room. The room looks like an office. It is small but looks clean and neat.

"What's up Sam?". A young woman asked the boy. She looked at Chaeyoung and Rose who were still standing near the door.

"Nancy, they want to see you". The boy pointed at Rose and Chaeyoung. They then exchanged smiles.

"Oh, are you volunteers? Do you perhaps to be Rose and.. Katarina?".

Chaeyoung and Rose nodded at the same time. They then introduce themselves. The woman named Nancy introduced herself. Before meeting Nancy, Chaeyoung thought that the owner of the place was a middle-aged person. Rose also has the same thoughts. But their guess was wrong, Nancy was younger than them. She was the only owner of the orphanage after her parents died. She takes care of everything alone. Sometimes there are volunteers who come to help as did Rose and Chaeyoung.

Nancy took them around. She explained the rooms in that building. She then took them to the yard where the kids were playing.

"Kids, please gather around". She said. It didn't take long, the children gathered in a circle. "These are Rose and Katarina. They will stay with us for a few days". Nancy asked the two of them to introduce themselves.

"Hello I'm Rose".

"And I'm Katarina".

The children looked very happy with Chaeyoung and Rose's existence. Even a girl attached to Chaeyoung immediately. She didn't hesitate to ask Chaeyoung to play with her. Her name is Yuna, she is five years old. She has lived in this orphanage since she was a baby. Nancy told that Yuna's parents left her at the orphanage door. Not only Yuna, most of the children in the orphanage had the same fate, their parents threw them away. Nancy didn't understand why peoples could do so cruelly.

********

Chaeyoung POV

I walked alone enjoying the evening air. Orange light began to appear. I sat near a lake to see the sunset. I was there but my mind was nowhere. These days my mind is filled with anxiety. I want to go home. I want to meet Jeongyeon unnie, eomma and appa. I miss them. I also miss TWICE members, especially Mina unnie. Did she think of me? Is she waiting for me? Will our relationship be alright? Arrgghh... this frustrates me.