Chapter 26

~ FLASHBACK ~

This is the day when Chaeyoung left

Chaeyoung POV

I approached my mother and father's bed. They sleep soundly. I looked at them for a while before kissing their forehead alternately.

'Eomma.. appa.. gomawo'.

I said softly. I am very grateful to them for taking care of me since childhood. They treat me as if I am their own child. I am very grateful to live with this harmonious little family. I don't know what will happen if they don't take me to live with them. They gave me affection and patiently faced me every time the illness attacked me.

My tears dripped when I walked away from the house. The house has many memories. This is the most comfortable place to go back. And a place where there is love that I need.

I used a taxi to go to the dorm. Dorm was quiet when I arrived there. I'm sure they are in the stadium. Today is Mina unnie's competition.

I took some items in my room. Not forgetting I put my note in the bag. Then I entered Jeongyeon unnie's room and put a letter on the table. I wrote the letter last night while holding back tears.

I walked into Mina unnie's room. I took her penguin plushie and hugged it tightly. I can smell Mina unnie's scent from it. A few moments later I realized I had to leave immediately so I don't miss Mina unnie's performance. While in the living room, I stopped for a moment. I looked at the large frames on the wall. I smiled but my tears dripped. That is a photo collage when we win on music awards. Ahh ... I will really miss being on the stage with them. I wiped my tears.

I put on a mask and hoodie to cover myself. I saw people around me. Many people come to the stadium today. Luckily nobody recognized me. I sat in the back stands while waiting for Mina unnie's turn. I sent a message for encourage her. Moments later, the MC called her name. I could see Mina unnie walking towards the arena with a smile on her face. She looks really beautiful with the pink costume she wears. She looked at the stands from end to end, like she was looking for someone. 'Is she looking for me?' . The performance began, then she did the movements she had learned. After her performance was over, all the audience applauded.

During the award ceremony, the MC announced that Mina unnie won the competition. I smiled proudly. She deserves it. All her struggles paid off with this title. The members came and hugged her. Mina unnie smiled nonstop. But her smile faded when Jeongyeon unnie said something to her. 

'Mianhae unnie'.

I walked away from the stadium. A moment ago, I turned off my phone. But I sent a scheduled message to Mina unnie and Jeongyeon unnie before. Maybe they will accept it when they arrive at the dorm.

I arrived at the airport. Yeah... I'll leave Korea. I will leave my family, TWICE, my dreams and everything. I give up. I don't want to make a mess again. I have enough to make my family burdened. And I have ruined Momo unnie's image, made people hate her. I don't want to hurt anyone. It is enough. Maybe this is the best decision for now.

~ Time skipped

I stood up while holding a piece of paper in my hand. I have searched for the address printed on the paper for several hours. But I didn't succeed in finding it. I think finding an address in a strange place is difficult. I want to ask the people, but I don't have the courage.

The air here is really hot. I decided to buy drinks at a convenience store. When I left the place, I accidentally bump someone.

"I-I'm sorry". I said. I looked down and didn't dare look at that people.

"Chaeyoung, is that you?". The person said in Korean. I was surprised, because someone recognized me even my face was covered in a mask.

I raise my head slowly. He smiled at me. And my smile appeared when I saw the person in front of me. A moment later he hugged me.

He took me to a cafe not far from where we met. He ordered ice Americano for us. He looked at me as if he didn't believe what he saw.

"Yah.. stop looking at me like that Yugyeom". I tried to cover up his view.

"I can't believe you're here, in America". Yugyeom still looked at me with an expression of disbelief. He added. "What made you come here? Will TWICE hold a concert here?".

I shook my head and he frowned. "I stopped from TWICE for an indefinite time".

Yugyeom almost spouted his drink to hear me say. "W-What?".

I sighed. "Jeonghun is back".

Yugyeom know about my condition. Actually, he is my childhood friend. I knew him when we did therapy at the same hospital. Yeah ... he also has a mental disorder. He has PTSD. He had a bad experience in his childhood.

((A/N: Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is a mental health condition that's triggered by a terrifying event, either experiencing it or witnessing it. Symptoms may includes flashbacks, nightmares and severe anxiety as well as uncontrollable thought about the event)).

His family was slaughtered by criminals who robbed at his house. His father, mother and young brother died. That's what made Yugyeom traumatized and got the illness. We often meet at the time of therapy, since then we are become friends. After graduating from high school Yugyeom went to America to pursue his dream. He has a dream of becoming a music producer. And here he is, becoming a successful music producer in this country. He has made music for several famous singers.

I told Yugyeom everything, the reason why I was here. I told him that I was going to America to meet him. To be honest, I have no place to go. Yugyeom was the only thing that came to my mind when I decided to leave. I hope he can help me.

"Of course I will help you Chaeng. My house is open to you". He smiled. "But why don't you tell me so I can pick you up at the airport and prepare everything?". Yugyeom furrowed his brows.

"I have emailed you. But I think you're too busy being a music producer". I pouted.

Yugyeom holds his neck. "Really? I'm sorry, I have been a little busy lately".

Yugyeom took me to his house. He lives alone in a pretty big house. I was amazed to see every room he showed me. He has a studio there. The house is big, but it looks very neat and clean. Yugyeom took me to a room and said that from now on it was my room.

"Do you have a girlfriend?". Yugyeom shook his head. "You have to get married so you don't live in a house this big alone".

"Will you marry me then?". Yugyeom smirked. I glared at him. Then he ran out of the room.

Yugyeom doesn't change, he likes to tease me like he used to be.

~ END OF FLASHBACK ~

********