Chapter 38

"Rose, I-I'm sorry. I don't know Jeonghun did that. That's why I'm afraid wh-".

I hugged Katarina before she finished saying.

"I know Kat. It's not your fault". I could feel my shoulder getting wet. Katarina cried. Even though I was disappointed, I understood Katarina's condition. I have to get rid of my ego.

********

~ A few months later

Chaeyoung POV

"Thank you so much, Chaeyoung-ssi".

I smiled, then I shook the person's hand in front of me. He looked smiling happily showing his eye smile.

"You don't need to worry, everything will be fine".

I nodded. "I'll leave now". I bowed and left the place.

I'm out from there. I looked back at the room and took a deep breath. I just made a big decision. Even I can't sleep because of it. Is this the right decision? I hope so. 

~ Time skipped ~

No One POV

Chaeyoung's hands trembled. Cold sweat flowed from her body. Yugyeom who was aware of that immediately held her. He knew that Chaeyoung was very nervous now. Chaeyoung let Yugyeom hold her hand. Her nervousness slowly reduced. When she was nervous, she only needed someone who could make her calm. And she felt grateful because Yugyeom was at her side at time like this.

"Yugyeom-ah, have I done the right thing?".

Yugyeom nodded. "Don't worry, everything will be alright". He smiled.

"Are you ready?". A man asks Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung nodded.

That man asked Chaeyoung to follow him. Yugyeom also followed behind her. The people who were there smile seeing Chaeyoung passing nearby. Chaeyoung returned their smile and bowed to them. Chaeyoung, Yugyeom and the man were behind a big stage. Music sounds very loud. Chaeyoung's heart beat faster again, but it was faster than before. The man asked Chaeyoung to stand in her spot. He then gave a sign to prepare.

Chaeyoung looked at Yugyeom for the last time. Yugyeom smiled and gave her a fighting sign.

The big screen in front of Chaeyoung opens a few moments later. She could see the thousands of people in front of her. They cheered after seeing Chaeyoung in there. She gave her sweetest smile. Chaeyoung looked at the eight people she really missed. They stood far in front of her and were not aware of Chaeyoung's presence. They wear the same long white dress with Chaeyoung.

After the interlude was finished, the lights highlight where Chaeyoung stood. She then walked forward while singing her part.

I was curious about tomorrow

The eight people in front of Chaeyoung turned towards her. They are Nayeon, Jeongyeon, Momo, Sana, Jihyo, Mina, Dahyun and Tzuyu.

Even if seems a little different

They gave the same expression, frozen and surprised as if they didn't believe what they were seeing.

I'm fine because I have you

If I was sad I'm not crying anymore

Chaeyoung's voice trembled as the distance between her and the TWICE member drew closer. Finally she could see their faces up close.