Chapter 29

My eyes were fixed on the bed next to me for a moment. Usually she is there, writing poetic words or just drawing abstracts. But now the bed is empty. Chaeyoung has left. I miss her laughter and her lame jokes. Don't you miss me Chaeng? My chingu Chaengie, my one-sided love...

********

#CHAPTER 29

((A/N : If you read from the beginning, you will understand this part))

Tzuyu POV

Yeah.. I have feelings for Chaeyoung all this time. I hid it without anyone knowing. This hurts me a lot, but I can't confess it. I'm afraid our friendship will be destroyed if she finds out. Because I know that love is unrequited, Chaeyoung only thinks of me as her best friend and nothing more. Ironic, right?

Dahyun, Chaeyoung and I have been friends for a long time. In fact we always become a classmates. We spend time together, playing after finishing school and other things. But there is one thing that limits Chaeyoung. She can't freely play like the others. Her mother is too overprotective. And the reason behind it, it turns out that Chaeyoung has DID. Dahyun and I don't know why Chaeyoung's attitude changed suddenly. Finally Jeongyeon unnie explained to us the true story, about her condition and her past. She asked us to keep this a secret.

I look after Chaeyoung as best I can. I calmed her when the symptoms of panic came, even though it was not easy. But I will do anything so that Chaeyoung can be better. I give all attention to her. At first, I thought this was a normal thing someone did to her best friend. But I was wrong. I just realized if I had other feelings for her. I feel something weird. I feel like my heart will explode when we hold hands or when she hugs me. I've never felt this before. Since then I have realized that I like her more than a best friend.

I once gave her a love letter. I made poem for her. I put the letter in her locker secretly. And when she said she got a letter, I pretended I didn't know about it.

"I think the letter came from your secret admirer". I said.

When the university entrance exam, I was sad because Chaeyoung decided not to continue her studies. While Dahyun and I were accepted at JYP University of Art. A few months later, I got the news that Chaeyoung entered the same university as us. Finally she went to college because of pressure from her mother. I'm very happy because we can come back together.

On the first day, Dahyun and I took her to the cafeteria for lunch. When we got there, Jeongyeon unnie called us. She introduced us to her friends. Nayeon, Momo, Sana, Jihyo and Mina, that's their name. Since then, we are friends. Our friendship is so close.

One day, we took a trip to a beach and stayed at Nayeon unnie's villa. And that's where I feel something strange. I feel hurt when Chaeyoung is with Mina unnie. They look close. Chaeyoung even give Mina unnie piggy back because our team lost when playing volleyball. I can see Chaeyoung smiling widely. I've never seen her like that. I think this is jealousy. But I tried to get rid of that feeling. We are here for fun. Chaeyoung and the others play in the sea, while I just sit on the beach because I can't really play on the beach. I can't swim. So, I decided to sit on the beach while looking at them. I smiled unconsciously when I saw Chaeyoung laughing. I don't know, I'm just that happy just by seeing her laugh.

I wake up early. I looked at the left side of my bed and I found that I was alone in that room. 'Where are Chaeyoung and Mina unnie?' . They are my roommates, but they are not here. It's impossible if Chaeyoung wakes up this early, because I know if she is a sleeper. I walked out of the room. I realized that the balcony door was open, I approached it because I thought someone was there. I was surprised when I saw what I saw. Chaeyoung slept with her head resting on Mina unnie's shoulder and their hands held on to each other. Arrggh... I feel jealous attack my mind. I entered the villa immediately. I drank a glass of water and sat in the dining room to calm myself down. Time continues that day. When night comes, Nayeon unnie offered to play Truth or Dare. We are all agree. The first round, the bottle pointed at me and Nayeon unnie gave a question that made me silent.