Chapter 51

Time after time, Chaeyoung's photos showed expressions of happiness. She was no longer gloomy as before. I know that Yoo's family really treats her well. Mr and Mrs.Yoo treat Chaeyoung like their child. Likewise with Jeongyeon, she was very fond of Chaeyoung. I feel happy knowing they are caring and showing affection to Chaeyoung until now. I can't imagine if the opposite happened. And maybe I will never meet her.

********

#CHAPTER 51

No One POV

Chaeyoung sat in the living room while checking her phone repeatedly. She seemed unable to calm down and kept moving her legs. She can't wait for guests who will come to their homes. Mr.Yoo who realized that approached his younger daughter.

He put his hand on Chaeyoung's shoulder. "Why are you so nervous?".

Chaeyoung shook her head. Mr.Yoo knows that Chaeyoung is lying. The younger couldn't hide it from him. But he knows Chaeyoung, she won't admit it.

Ding dong...

A few moments later the bell rang. Chaeyoung rushed to open the door. The person who came was the guest she had been waiting for.

"Please enter Mrs.Kang". Chaeyoung invited her in.

They have an appointment to meet today. Usually they met in the dorm or Mrs.Kang's office, but this time it was different. They have just discovered the fact that they are actually close neighbors. Mrs.Kang lives in the same housing complex as Chaeyoung. Therefore they decided to meet there.

Mr.Yoo welcomed Mrs.Kang with a smile. This is their first meeting. Mr. and Mrs. Yoo have never met Mrs.Kang directly, they only heard about her from Chaeyoung or Jeongyeon.

They chatted to break the ice. Mr.Yoo made small talk so that Mrs.Kang didn't feel awkward at their home. A few minutes later, Mrs.Yoo and Mina came into the living room. Mrs.Yoo brought the drinks, while Mina helped bring the cookies they had just made. If you ask where Jeongyeon is, she is on date with Nayeon.

"So Mrs.Kang, what things do you want to say?". Chaeyoung opened the conversation. She was impatient with something that would be delivered by her psychiatrist. That's what made her nervous since earlier.

"Before I say it, I have a few questions for you Chaeyoung".

"Y-you can ask me". Mrs.Kang's words made Chaeyoung nervous.

"Have you ever thought of Mr.Son Dongwoon all this time?".

Chaeyoung's ears rose after hearing that name. She clenched her fist without realizing it. She then nodded.

"What do you feel when you remember him?". Mrs.Kang saw the change in Chaeyoung's face. The veins even appeared at that time. Chaeyoung looked like she was holding something back. "I hope you can tell me honestly".

Chaeyoung took a deep breath. She closed her eyes while saying. "I... I hate him". Her hands trembled.

Mina who was beside Chaeyoung realized that, she held her hands and rubbed it slowly. She hopes her girlfriend can be calmer. And it worked, Chaeyoung's hand wasn't shaking like before.

Mrs.Kang opened her notes. She then plays an audio.

"If only I hadn't hidden myself out of fear, eomma wouldn't have died. And if only he was not my dad, everything wouldn't have happened".

"If only I hadn't hidden myself out of fear, eomma wouldn't have died. And if only he was not my dad, everything wouldn't have happened. Aaargh. I-I hate him, because of him my mother left me forever. Aaaarrgh...".