Chapter 22

"It's okay Chaeng. It's not just your fault, but it's also my fault". Jihyo smiles. "I hope when you have a problem, you can tell me or other members. Don't overflow it with other things that can make things worse. Arasso?".

Chaeyoung nodded. They hugged again.

********

#CHAPTER 22

Chaeyoung POV

I entered Mr.Park's room nervously. This morning Momo unnie, Jihyo unnie and I were asked to meet him. He wanted an explanation from us regarding the incident so that the agency could give a statement to the public. Mr.Park welcomed us with his smile. I never saw him angry even though we made a mistake like this.

"So, who will explain first?". He asked.

I was surrender if they said what I had done. But the opposite happened, Jihyo unnie said this was just a misunderstanding. And more surprisingly, Momo unnie's words were beyond my expectation.

"This is my fault, I can't hold back my anger so I hit her".

I want to deny it. But when I will say, Momo unnie always cuts it. What did she do? Even she didn't defend herself. I have ruined her image with my actions and she tried to defend me now.

The agency will release a statement related to the incident according to our explanation. After a meeting with Mr. Park, we left the room. We have a schedule to practice in a moment. But Momo unnie didn't walk into the practice room. She walked in the other direction. I followed her without her knowledge. She headed to the rooftop.

Momo unnie stands on the edge of the rooftop. I approached her. She didn't know my presence because her eyes were closed. I could hear her sighing deeply.

"Unnie, why are you doing that?". I asked. I want to know what the reason Momo unnie defended me in front of Mr.Park.

She was surprised. She looked at me for a moment then looked far ahead.

"I don't do it for you, but for TWICE".

"I'm really sorry unnie". I looked down.

Momo unnie didn't answer. She just walked away. A few steps later she stopped.

"I don't care if my image is ruined and peoples hate me. But I can't let anyone especially my friend be hurt. Mina, Jihyo, then who else? You deserve to be beaten". She said. Then She left me.

Momo unnie's words stabbed me. I feel worse. Momo unnie really hates me. She can't forgive me.

I left the rooftop and headed to the practice room. Momo unnie is there. She didn't even look at me. I sat away from her, I was afraid to disturb her with my presence.

"Chaeyoung..".

I turned around. I didn't realize someone was sitting next to me, she was Mina unnie. She smiled. Ah ... I miss that smile. I haven't seen it for a long time.

"H-how are you?". She asked. I don't know what happened to me, I could only look at her without blinking. "Does this still hurt?". She held the corner of my mouth. I flinched a little.

"Oh, does it hurt? I'm sorry". She said. She gave a worried look.

I shook my head. I flinched not because of the pain, I was just surprised to see her touch me. I don't know how to deal with it. Our relationship makes me awkward. A few days ago we broke up. She was hurt because of me, even I couldn't give her any explanation. I feel bad.

We are in awkward silence. I can feel she also feels awkward.

"Chaeyoung-ah". I turned around. She seemed to want to say something, I could see through her eyes. "Can we go back as before?".

I'm still silent. She looked at me deeply.

"I regret it. I'm not in the right mind when I said it". She stopped for a moment. She added. "I... I'll wait until you're ready. I can give you any time you want. Can we?".

I smile.. as a yes. I held Mina unnie's cheeks without me noticing. She gave her gummy smile. She interwined our hand, then leaned on my shoulder.

"I miss you". She said.

"I miss you too unnie".

********

Mina POV

I busy myself in the kitchen. I made pasta this time. I really like cooking, the member called me 'Myeoneuri'. They say I deserve to be a daughter-in-law because I really feminine, like to cook and knit.

The pasta I made was ready. I put it on the dining table. Then I headed to Chaeyoung's room. I will take her to eat together because I know she hasn't had dinner yet. I entered her room without knocking on the door. Chaeyoung sat back to the door.

"Have you bought the medicine unnie?". She said as soon as I entered her room. It seems like she thought I was someone else.

"Medicine? Are you sick?". I approached her immediately. Chaeyoung turned around with a surprised expression. I touched her forehead to check her body temperature. The temperature was normal.

"O-oh I just feel dizzy because I can't sleep". She said stuttered.

"Ah.. I made pasta. Let's have dinner together before you take your medicine". I said.

She nodded then followed me to the dining room. We sat face to face. I gave her a fork so she could eat the pasta. She took a bite and began to chew it. I looked at her, waiting for her to respond. I like to see her eat, Chaeyoung always chews funny. Other members say that it makes their appetite gone, but for me it is a funny thing.

"Hmm.. it's really delicious". Chaeyoung gives me thumbs up.

"Really?".

"Yeah, delicious as always". She continued eating.

I smiled shyly at her compliment. Then I eat the pasta in front of me. We spent it without any leftovers on the plate. I'm happy when someone enjoys the food I make. That makes me proud of me.

Momo walked past us without saying a word. She ignored Chaeyoung since that day. She is normal to other members, but when it's Chaeyoung she will be cold. I want them to go back as before. Momo and Chaeyoung are very close. They always do silly things together. They seem to have their own world. Seeing them like this now makes me sad. But I don't know what to do.

After cleaning the dishes with me, Chaeyoung walked to her room. I followed her. She raised her eyebrows.

"Wae? I'll be here until you fall asleep. You said you couldn't sleep in the last few days". I said.

"You don't need to do it unnie, you have to wake up early tomorrow to practice rhythmic gymnastics". Right, tomorrow I have a schedule for rhythmic gymnastic practice. The competition will be held in the next few days. I have missed any practices because I'm too busy.

"Alright then. Good night Chaeng". I kissed her forehead.

********