Chapter 42

"It's okay Chaeng. Let's forget this". Tzuyu said without looking at Chaeyoung. Then she came out of the room carrying a note in her hand.

Chaeyoung sat on her bed. She regretted what had happened. She was worried that Tzuyu would be angry with her even though her friend had asked to forget about that. Chaeyoung covered her face with her palm. Damn it Chaeng!

********

#CHAPTER 42

Chaeyoung POV

We arrived in New York yesterday. We rested at the hotel as soon as we arrived here. We feel really tired because of the flights, especially we have to adjust to the time difference. And now we have just completed a rehearsal for KCON. Even though we are tired, we shouldn't be lazy and have to do the scheduled activities.

"Why is Tzuyu not energetic as usual?". Jeongyeon unnie said while taking off her in-ear.

I glanced at Tzuyu who was sitting at the end of the room. She leaned back on the sofa. Usually Tzuyu always gives an energetic and uplifting performance. But not today. Does it have relation with yesterday's incident? That thought suddenly crossed my mind. I looked down.

Jeongyeon unnie approaches me. "Do you guys fight?". She said in whisper.

"Eh? N-no".

Jeongyeon unnie smirked. "It makes me even more convinced that something is happening to you". She drank a water in his hand, then said. "You and Tzuyu sat side by side on the plane yesterday, but I didn't hear a word from the both of you. And even today the both of you act like strangers. It's a weird thing considering you are the duo maknaes who can't be separated". She looked at me suspiciously.

That's right. Tzuyu and I haven't talked since that incident. She sat beside me on the plane, but we were just silent like two strangers who accidentally sat next to each other. Tzuyu went to sleep immediately after arriving on the plane. This is an unusual thing, usually we will chat throughout the trip. Tzuyu seemed to avoid me. She also answered brieftly when I spoke to her.

I sighed while leaning my body against the table.

Jeongyeon unnie looks at me. "Mind to share?".

I looked around to make sure that no one else would hear our conversation. I gave unnie a sign to get closer.

"I accidentally found Tzuyu's note yesterday. And-".

I haven't finished my words when Jeongyeon unnie cut it off. "Don't say you read it".

I nodded slowly. Jeongyeon unnie knows me well. She shook her head.

"I read it and found something shocking". I paused. Jeongyeon unnie put all her attention on me. I sighed again. "Tzuyu has feelings for me since we were in high school".

"W-what Tzbndklekjdnjfhkdjflk". I covered Jeongyeon unnie's mouth with my hand before anyone could hear it. Her voice was loud enough for everyone to hear. The people in the room stared at us, including Tzuyu but she immediately looked away when our eyes met.

I slowly let go of my hand. "Unnie, you can make things more complicated if people hear it".

"Sorry sorry, I was really surprised to hear that". Jeongyeon fixes her sitting position. She then look at me seriously. "Then what happen after that?".

I stole a glance at Tzuyu. She busied herself with her phone. "She caught me reading her notes. Tzuyu said if it was only the past, she didn't have that feeling anymore. She then asked me to forget about the incident and act normal. But she avoided me now". I looked down.