Chapter 39

After that day, Chaeyoung settled in Korea. Mr.Park gave her an apartment to live in. Every day, vocal teachers came to the place to teach Chaeyoung. She prepared her performance to concert later. She wanted to give the best performance for ONCE. Manager unnie and oppa also knows about it, but they keep secrets from other members.

Sometimes Yugyeom comes to Chaeyoung's apartment even though it's just for encouraging her. He also lives in Korea to accompany Chaeyoung, but they stay in different apartments.

********

#CHAPTER 39

Mina POV

Is this a dream? If it's true, then don't wake me up God. Chaeyoung is back, she is here between us. After the concert ended, we gathered in the waiting room. Jeongyeon keeps hugging Chaeyoung as if she doesn't want to lose her sister again. Momo repeatedly apologized to Chaeyoung for what had happened between them. And the members took turns hugging her. Meanwhile, I can only freeze while my gaze can't be separated from her. I still can't believe what's in front of me.

"Mina-ya, why are you there? You don't want to hug Chaeyoung?". Sana exclaimed.

All members looked at me, especially Chaeyoung. She smiled then walked towards me. Chaeyoung takes me to her arms. I can't hold it anymore, I cry in her arms. I can smell the strawberry aroma from her. The smell that I really miss.

"I'm sorry". She said.

"Don't leave me again, Chaeng". I said while hit her chest softly.

Chaeyoung hugged me tightly. "I'm not leaving". She gently caressed my hair.

We were in that position for a while. Her hug feels comfortable. I miss her warmth.

I looked at Chaeyoung. Her body looks thinner than the last time I saw her. She has short blonde hair now. It suits her. I can also see a tattoo on her left wrist. I think it looks like a lip. I don't know.

Without realizing it, Chaeyoung looked at me who was looking at her. She smiled and mouthed 'what?'.  I shook my head with a smile.

We went to a restaurant after finishing the concert. We celebrated our anniversary and also celebrating Chaeyoung's return. Mr.Park joined us, he came with Yugyeom. Yugyeom is sitting next to Chaeyoung now.

Chaeyoung is the main character today. The members bombarded her with questions about the life she had lived while she was away. I'm also curious about it. Chaeyoung said that she lived in America. She found out that Jeongyeon, Jihyo and I came to the orphanage to look for her. She hid because she wasn't ready to meet us at that time.

"I stayed with Yugyeom". Chaeyoung said. The members looked surprised, as well as me. I glanced at Yugyeom who looked smiling. 

Ah... that's why they look so close, besides the fact that they are childhood friends. I saw Chaeyoung hit Yugyeom's arm several times. They joked each other as if they were into their world.

"Yah! You can kill them with your gaze". Sana whispered in my ear. "Are you jealous?".

I gave a sharp look at Sana. "What's that nonsense?".

I can see Sana chuckling that heard by the others. They look at us. Chaeyoung glances at me then smiled. But her smile faded when I averted my gaze to other direction. I can see it from my peripheral vision. 'Mina why are you acting like this?'. I thought

"Aideul-ah, you need to know that RedK is coming today". Mr.Park said.

"Jjinja? So, where is she?".

The members were enthusiastic after hearing the news. I want to meet RedK. She is one of the song writers I admire. She has made a great song for TWICE. The Best Think I Ever Did  is a song that is loved by ONCE.

Mr.Park just smiled. We looked at each other showing a confused expression.

Yugyeom looked at Chaeyoung. "RedK-ssi". 

Chaeyoung stood up from her seat. "Actually I'm RedK". She smiled shyly while holding her neck.

"Eh?". We are so shocked.

Actually it's not the first time Chaeyoung wrote a song for TWICE. But the fact that she wrote songs for us without our knowledge surprised us. We never thought Chaeyoung wrote the song.

Chaeyoung POV

I told the members about everything. They bombarded me with lots of questions. They look very enthusiastic about listening to my story. The members were shocked when I said that I was RedK, The Best Think I Ever Did songwriter. They never thought that I was the figure behind it.

I feel relieved. My burden seems to decrease. Returning to them is the right decision. I felt warmth when I was between them. I can see them laughing and joking.

Finally I could see Nayeon unnie and Jeongyeon unnie who always fight with each other whatever the cause. Momo unnie who only focus about food. Sana unnie who acted clumsy, she spilled her drink now. Dahyun who always surrendered when she flirted by Sana unnie. Jihyo unnie who scolded us when we were too noisy. Tzuyu who always judges with her gaze. And Mina unnie who is always silent and sometimes laughs at the members behavior. But I felt something was wrong with her this time. She always looked away every time our eyes met. What's wrong with her?

"Guys, it's time for you to go home. You have to rest". Mr.Park said.

We obey Mr.Park's orders. We rushed back to the dorm using a van. I was in a van with Jihyo unnie, Mina unnie and Dahyun. Jihyo unnie told me that they had moved to a new dorm for almost a year.

We arrived at the dorm at 1 AM. The new dorm is bigger than the previous. Dahyun took me to the room. I can see my name written on the door along with Dahyun and Tzuyu. We are roommates again.

"Chaeng, this is your bed". Dahyun pointed to a bed nearby. The bed was neatly arranged with light blue sheets. I was curious since when they prepared it. "We prepared it for you since we moved here even though you weren't there. Maybe you are curious". Dahyun said. She seemed to be reading my mind.

I feel touched. They still think of me even after I leave. They even prepared a bed for me and put my dolls on it.

Dahyun left the room. She said she would clean her body.

I lay down on the bed. My eyes stared at the bed next to me. I saw there was a Minjoong, Tzuyu's dog doll. I'm curious where she is now, I haven't seen her since we arrived at the dorm.

I looked at the ceiling. I started thinking about many things. I have to deal with my problem, my illness. I don't want to let that illness take everything from me including my dream and life. Like I said during the concert, there is ONCEs, family, friends and TWICE members who always give love and support to me. I think I will be able to pass everything because of them. And I have to fight for them.

********