But no Chill

Emmett pulled out his phone and started scrolling way back, looking for a picture of him with short hair or the very least, no beard. "While I look, same question. Tell me something I don't know."

That was fair although Finnegan wasn't sure what to tell him. Emmett's time spent in the military had been the perfect response. It was an important chunk of his life and something that Finnegan had no idea about. It had been such a good answer that he felt obligated to match it but he was struggling to come up with anything.

"Okay this is almost no beard. I'll keep looking for an older pic."

Finnegan couldn't stop his sharp inhale

Finnegan couldn't stop his sharp inhale.  Ink, awesome.  He couldn't wait to see it live and in person.  "Damn. Okay, I was really thinking a minute ago when you said you'd shave that it would be a crying shame but this, that's... really nice."

"I'm glad you approve. Growing hair is easy; changing the face, not so much." He was starting to worry he didn't have a picture at all and wonder if he was gonna have to call Andy to see if he had one when Finnegan shrieked and jumped up onto the chair.

"Oh my fucking GOD there's a HUGE, a... a !!!" he gasped, pointing into the living room. "Lord make me an angel so I can fly far, far away from here! Emmmmmettttt!"

He panicked for about half a second but then saw Marten out of the corner of his eye. That little devil, how had he made it through or around the plexiglass? He really was getting too smart for his own good. "It's okay" he managed to half sob through his laughter.

"What the fuck are you laughing at?" Finn asked while he deliberated hopping onto the table.

"You! You can get down, shit. Oh damn, that was funny. I'm sorry, but you should have... Finn, it's my ferret. I told you I was letting him out but I thought he'd stay upstairs, I'm sorry. Oh god, you are so red. Are you okay?"

"Ferret?" Finnegan snapped. "As in pet?"

"Yes, yes. Oh damn, you... I'm sorry, I am but I can't... I can't stop. The look on your face!" He tried to at least quiet his laughter and even managed to get his mouth shut for some of it but every time he almost had it under control, a few more giggles escaped.

"You never said ferret! You said Marten. How was I supposed to know what it was?"

Now Emmett had to add confused to his current vast array of emotions. "I can't let a dog out from the second story. What did you think I had up there?"

"Honestly I didn't really think about it all that much, I was too busy watching your ass when you walked towards the steps. But it could be a bird! There are other options that don't look like a huge rat."

Mock indignation spread across Emmett's face. "He looks nothing like a rat and besides, the rats here are much bigger. I'm sorry, I really am. I didn't mean to scare you. I have a gate at the top of the stairs and he's not supposed to be able to get through it but, well, ferrets are fun like that. Do you want to meet him?"