Sweet Suite

Emmett:

A suite. Sure. Try the fanciest suite in town. "Are you kidding me?" I ask as we go in. There's a kitchen, and entire living room with huge double doors looking over the water, a balcony, and of course an amazing bedroom and bathroom.

"There wasn't much available, Em."

I'm not sure whether he means he wanted a nicer place or one a little bit more normal and I'm afraid to ask. Instead I go out onto the balcony and that's when I lose my damn mind. Seriously? How? Huh? Is that a jacuzzi? I walk out onto the deck, because it's too damn big to be a balcony even if we are on the top floor, and look at the view. Only random vowels come out of my mouth so I give up and plop onto the lounge chair. "I'll sleep out here, you can have the rest of the room" I tell Finn when he sits in the chair next to me.

  "I'll sleep out here, you can have the rest of the room" I tell Finn when he sits in the chair next to me

"Nope, not happening but we can lay out here all afternoon if you really want to."

"I want. Very much." A nap is calling my name but I'm also starving. "Need some food first."

"I'll get the menu." Hot damn, we don't even have to leave this room. Honestly, I don't feel the need to but I will take Finn to the beach if he wants to go. Maybe we'll go out for dinner afterwards. Whatever he wants, I'm really here for the ride. This is what he wanted and needs and I'm gonna let him lead. "I want a cheese plate and their house salad, please." He holds the menu out to me and I take it, but I only understand about three quarters of the words. What's an aoili? A tapenade? Well, it's hard to ruin crab cakes so I'm gonna order them anyway.

He's inside unpacking when I finish the call. "Twenty minutes, darling."

"Great, thank you." He looks a little bit lost or overwhelmed and I am too but I'm sure it's for different reasons. He decides to try out the bed and lies down. "Oh nice, this will do."

"Want a nap? You can get one after you eat and then we can do whatever you want."

"That sounds really good but I think I'll make some coffee instead. I don't want to sleep the weekend away."

Coffee it is. There's a fancy keurig type machine here so two cups of coffee is easy. I pour mine over ice and sip it until lunch arrives. Apparently those fancy things are a sauce and some sort of spread. I'm not sure which is which but they're both delicious on my crab cakes. Finn has been quiet but I'm not pushing the conversation because he may just need time to decompress. I really don't know what's best at this point.

"I know you want to chill on the deck but can we go to the beach later? At least for a walk?"

"Of course darling, we can go now.   We can swim, build a castle, whatever."

"But the deck?"

"It'll be here when we get back."  Might be a good way to spend an hour or two after dinner.

"Thanks Em. I appreciate you coming with me, especially last minute. Work is just... Well I don't want to think about it until Monday. I feel like everything is going wrong since we left here two weeks ago and maybe part of me thinks it'll be better now that we're back."

I've felt that way too but he had a much harder time with the burglary than I did and I don't want to imagine what's going on at work. I tell myself that it can't be too bad or he wouldn't be able get away. I have no doubt he's busy but nothing is on fire and that's probably as good as it'll get for a while longer.

"I'm going to change."

That's when I realize that I didn't answer him. "Finn? Sorry, I was in dream land. Things back in Baltimore will get better but I understand what you mean, this is a safe space for you and, heck, for me too a little bit and I'm glad we're back."

I give him a minute but I need to change too and it's nothing I haven't seen before. He's standing in front of the dresser holding his rainbow trunks in one hand and his sharks in the other. I hate that I feel so awkward. Am I allowed to say anything? To help him decide?

He tosses the sharks down, then picks them back up again. "I'm being ridiculous. This is not an important decision. He puts them both on top of the dresser, spins them around and mixes them up and then picks one. Ah, his eyes are closed. He's funny. "Rainbow it is."

"Never a bad choice in Rehoboth." We have matching red trunks that we bought last time and I put mine on.  They're a bit shorter than I would usually choose but Finny had ben fairly insistent.

"Damn, those are nice on you, Em."

"Thanks. I'm glad you approve. We need to get you some sunscreen. I brought the sand toys, should we bring them?"

"You did?"

"Of course. Is that a 'yes'?"  Finally, a smile. A quick nod and then he's off, dashing into the living room. It's taking him longer than I expected but I'm pretty sure that Finny's going to make an appearance.  Maybe we can have a lesson tonight; it's been awhile.  Damn, that sounds really good.  Really really good.  I think I need to be daddy as much as he needs to be Finny.  God I'm turned on, maybe he'll be willing to get off before we head out.  I want to tell him to come suck daddy's cock but we're not there right now.  I also don't want to ask because treating him like Finn is gonna hold him back.  I take a deep breath and blow it slowly out of my mouth.  Watching him prance around in just shorts all afternoon is going to kill me.  Kill.  

"Emmy?"

"Yeah darling?"

"You okay?"

Him noticing sort of jolts me out of my head and I walk over and grab my backpack.  "Of course.  You ready?"

"Yeah."  

He takes my hand as soon as we're in the hallway and I give his a squeeze.  "We have to buy some sunscreen first and then we'll hit the beach, okay?"

"I know, stupid sun.  Can we hurry?"

"It won't take long, I'm sure the hotel gift shop has some."  As fancy as this place is, we could probably request someone spritz us. 

"Kay."

It's going to be okay.   This is just what we needed.