Two options

Finnegan:

Emmett had to work this morning so after going to the gym I came in to the office as well. There's always more work to be done and I feel no need to sit in a hotel room and stare at those walls when I can be looking at these instead. Besides, there's much better coffee here.

We didn't really settle much last night except now I know we're on the same page when it comes to how annoying this entire situation is. I find myself spinning in my chair and transforming Bumblebee instead of looking over resumes. I still need a new head of accounting. The candidate I liked got a competing offer while I was in Michigan; one more annoyance.

I decide to call my mother. She may be able to help or at least look at all of this from a fresh perspective. I tell her everything, well, not about Finny but everything else. The vacation house, wanting to buy a place, Emmett already owning, the break-in.

"I think you have two options, honey. You can stay in the hotel another night, or week, but give yourself a deadline. Then move back in with Emmett. The first night may be tough, sugar, but you'll be alright. You're a Walker and you've done harder things than this. Or you start looking for a house and accept that you and Emmett may be apart longer than you want to be. He's gonna need time to get his ducks in a row and I don't blame him for dragging his feet, Finn. You haven't known each other that long and he has built a life here that you're sort of turning on its' head."

Why does she have to be right? I was really hoping for a magic answer that I hadn't thought of but if she can't come up with it, there isn't one. "I miss going home to him, mom."

"Then go home to him, Finn, but insist on a security system. There's no reason to not have one, especially after a break-in."

We chat for a few more minutes and I hang up, thoughts of Emmett on my mind. She's right, I need to face my fears and go back. I can't be Finny but that's not happening at the hotel either. At least I'll be with Emmett. I may as well do it tonight, I don't have to be in the office tomorrow so there's no better time.

FW4: Mind if I stay at your place tonight?

It takes him almost half an hour to respond but I'm not panicked, he's probably under a car.

Daddy: Of course not. I've got somebody coming over this afternoon to put door and window alarms in. Gonna get a fancy doorbell too.

That was quick, it's sweet of him to do since he's really only doing it for me.

FW4: That helps, thank you. I'll text before I head over? Can we order pizza?

Daddy: Definitely. See you soon, darling.

I don't get back to the hotel until about 3 o'clock and I get the joy of packing yet again. I seriously want to burn my luggage. That's not fair, going to the beach was very nice and I wish we were there this weekend. Heck, if we'd stayed another week none of this would have happened. Well the break-in still would have happened but I feel like I would be able to handle it better if I hadn't been there. It might be a little less scary.

I decide to stop by the store and get another PlayStation. I'm pissed that it's gone and losing myself in a mindless game sounds really, really good right now. Of course now I'm thinking about the last time I played, when Emmett put me over the coffee table, and that sounds really, really good as well. I can not walk through Best Buy with a boner. Um, my sister's best friend cornering me in the hall when I was younger and flashing me. There, problem solved.

FW4: Does soon work for you?

Locke: They're just about finished up, sure. Really glad you're coming over, darling.

When I pull up there's no truck on the street so I assume the system is up and running. I grab the PlayStation and leave my suitcase because it's too much to carry. He opens the door soon as I step onto the porch. "You did not!"

Um, yes I did. "Guilty, I want to play."

He takes it from me and sets it down. "Did you bring anything?  You're spending the night, right?"

"Oh, yeah, my suitcase is in the car."

"Keys? I'll get your bag and then hook that up while we wait for pizza."

He's way too good to me. He comes back in and punches a code into the new little control panel by the door. "Code is 6789. Not inventive but it'll do for now. We are all locked in now, safe and sound. You want cheese, right?"

"Yes please."

He orders, then hooks the PlayStation up in record time because all he has to do is plug the new box in. The burglar left the old cords into the tv and wall so it's a breeze.  "I wasn't sure if you were spending the night or coming back for good but I'm guessing the suitcase means you're staying?"

"That's the plan, if you don't mind."

He doesn't.  He kisses me until I forget the question.  Was it a question?  See?  Lightheaded and drunk on Em.  It feels nice to forget about everything for a few sweet moments.

I'm playing, relaxing for the first time in days when the doorbell rings. Emmett opens the door and of course the alarm starts beeping at him. "Shit, one second" he tells the delivery person. Once it's off he takes the pizzas. "Reset it Finn?"

That I can do, probably. Yes, it's obvious and the code is easy enough to remember. That done, I follow him into the kitchen to get myself two slices of pizza. Everything is normal and everything is wrong but my mom is probably right and I will adjust. The pizza is perfect just like always and it's really all I can think about at the moment. ""It's so good!"  I'm going to need two more.

"I'd miss the pizza, for sure."

If he moved. If he moved in with me. "True."

"I can't believe you're really back. I didn't expect it, I mean it's great, Finn, don't get me wrong but..."  He steals himself another slice.

"Yeah, I figure I only have two options and I'm going to take the one that means I get to be with you. I miss coming home to you, Em." I also miss stripping when I get here; wearing shorts in his house feels strange. I miss being me. I miss lots of things and I hate the thought of not getting some of them back but at least I have him. That's enough.