Shopping

Emmett:

I'm so full that when Finny asks if we can go see the stores, I literally don't know if I can. I may never leave this chair. Walking sounds hard. "How about a nap first?" I counter.

"No, too much to see!"

"Okay but we have to go really, really slowly, okay? I am stuffed."

"You can stuff me later daddy" he teases as soon as we're out and I smack him lightly on the ass. It's already hard enough to walk, I don't need to add a raging erection to my difficulties.

He's been in full-on little mode for hours, even asked me nicely to order his lunch because he was too busy coloring the back of the menu. We ate popcorn and played tic-tac-toe until our food arrived and now, well now we're apparently going shopping because I can't say no to him. I don't usually enjoy shopping all that much even though I've done a good bit of it lately for Finn. But my shorts, for example, are now three years old. I don't need much so I don't buy much. Oceanfront stores are different though, it's sort of like going to Ellicott City and wandering through there; you never know what you're going to see.

Three hours later I'm exhausted, my backpack is full to bursting and I'm carrying another bag. I've talked him out of shells because it's just lame if you don't find it yourself, and a hermit crab. He REALLY wanted the hermit crab. To be fair, he wanted ALL the hermit crabs. A whole colony. He said he would organize the shells in a row so everyone could just move up. He's a hoot but I had to tell him that Marten was enough for now, he's too busy. He only gave in when I promised we would come back sometime and talk about a hermit crab then.

He bought us each a t-shirt and himself a sweatshirt even though I have never seen him wear one. We now have matching swim trunks and he actually bought something he needed, a hat. I'll worry less about his little nose now. He bought a snorkel and about 500 toys for the pool. And sand toys. We are apparently making the worlds largest sand castle tomorrow and I've promised to let him bury me because he's seen it in movies.

And he just saw it, the gay store. How he missed the huge rainbow flag on our way past the first time is a mystery but now he wants to go in. Of course he does. Wait until he hears about the leather store. Actually, that might need to happen.

His smile is about a foot wide. He's spinning slowly and trying to take it all in. The bear at the register is chuckling but it's good-spirited; he gets it a lot I'm sure. Finnegan buys two books because he says reading is a vacation must, a sun-catcher, a little pair of rainbow briefs that I'm sure will join his night collection, the gayest sunglasses I have ever seen and a purchase I didn't think he'd actually go through with. He bought a t-shirt, a plain white t-shirt with simple black printing. It says 'Good Boy'. He stared at it over and over and now it's in my bag.

"You look tired." He does. He just yawned and his feet are dragging a bit.

"Tired but don't wanna stop."

"You need to save some energy for daddy, don't you? I think we'd better head home."

"Kay." Now I know he's tired, he didn't even argue. "I had a good day, daddy" he says as soon as I open the front door.

"It's only five, we have plenty of day left but it was busy, how about a movie or a game?" He gazes outside and I know he's thinking of all the pool toys he bought. "The pool needs to wait until another day. If we don't swim tomorrow we can do it Tuesday before we head back to Baltimore." That will work well, actually, not being covered in sand during a car trip. Talk about chaffing. Just thinking about the sand makes me feel it. "I need a shower."

"Why?"

It's a valid question, I've showered twice today already. "I don't like having sand on me, Finny, not when I'm dressed. It's okay at the beach" because the water keeps my head in the right place. But stuck in a car or bed with sand in places it shouldn't be? Not happy thoughts. "I'll be quick."

He follows me upstairs, the bag of sand toys in his hand and I toss my bag on the bed. "You can unpack your toys while I shower, okay?"

He says okay and then follows me into the bathroom. "Daddy?"

"Yeah?"

"We could take a bath. I can bring my toys?" he suggests, his voice lifting at the end.

The tub is huge, much bigger than mine at home and has air jets. I'm not actually covered in sand, it's mental, so this should do the trick. At this rate I'll be sick of water and need a break by Wednesday so heading back to Baltimore might not suck as much as I think. "Sure. Pick a few little ones while I start the water. Finny?"

"Yes?"

"Little ones. Hold up your hands and show me little." As soon as I say it I chuckle but he does it anyway, holding his hands up about a foot apart. "That's a lot bigger than my cock. Are you saying it's small?"

He shakes his head. "No!"

"Smaller, baby boy. The tub has to hold both of us, too." He narrows the distance to about six inches although he doesn't look happy about it. "Good. Two or three that size or smaller, okay?"

"Kay." He disappears and I can hear the rummaging even over the bath water. I truly have no idea what he'll bring. He bought a lot but most of it's clothing so the pool toys are the only option. I don't know if any of them are small enough, actually, I may have given him an impossible mission. He comes back in naked and holding three small packages. "These are small."

Well yes, right now but "they're not blown up yet, darling."

"But I don't have anything small and I want to play!" Oh wow, we are close to tantrum. Closer than I've ever seen him, actually.

"Okay, pick two, alright? And we will TRY to fit them in here. Don't worry if we can't, I have a toy you can play with." I can't believe I just said that.

He seems happier and rips one open and starts trying to blow it up. He gives up and passes it to me. That's okay, I'm turning into a pro but actually no, he is the blow king. My little blowing prince? Hmmm, maybe I'll figure it out tomorrow morning. If I have to get buried in sand, I'm burying my cock down his throat first. Seems more than fair.