6

HI TRAILER ^ MADE BY loyallyric (jo) GO SHOW HER SOME LOVE PLEASE! how amazing was this🥺😍

Jo

"So I mean, do you have a plan?"

I looked down at Lena, who was looking up at me with such concern in her eyes.

"Well, kind of," I said, adjusting her books in my arm, "I'm planning on taking Dad's business-"

"Do you have a plan?" She asked, stopping at her locker.

I just smiled, looking down. "Believe it or not, I actually do want the business. Fred and I are planning on taking it."

She just nodded, grabbing one of her books.

I slipped the other inside her locker and she closed it, leaning against it. "Can we just stay right here for a little bit?"

I nodded and she sighed, leaning her head against her locker.

"You good?" I asked.

She nodded. "On top of my broken arm, I think I have a cold."

I instinctively pressed the back of my fingers against her cheek, forehead, and chin.

She smiled a small smile.

"Well, the only person that can tell if I have a fever is my mom. I don't care how grown I get."

She smiled and looked down.

"Speaking of," I said, standing next to her, "what's your story?"

She looked up at me. "I have a dad who doesn't really care about me, a brother who pretty much pulls my dad's weight, and my mom's out of the picture."

I just looked down at her. "I'm sorry."

That was a genuine I'm sorry, I wasn't sure if I'd ever meant it so much. Maybe that's why I thought she needed protecting- one person couldn't protect her how she needed to be protected.

"But don't worry," she said, pushing herself off of her locker, "I've had plenty of awkward shopping trips with my step-mom."

"So you don't like her?" I asked, looking down at her as we began walking.

She looked up at me. "You're a lot more inquisitive than you come off."

I just smiled, folding my arms over my chest. "I'm sorry, I just want to figure you out."

"Why?" She asked.

I sighed. "I'll tell you over dinner tonight."

I smiled down at her and she giggled a very quiet giggle. "You stop at nothing, don't you?"

I shrugged. "I get what I want."

A few guys rushed by and nearly knocked Lena over, making me grab the last one by the arm.

"Slow the fuck down," I said, making him look at me with worry filled eyes.

"Sorry, man," he said, shooting Lena a glance before running off.

"So you're powerful around here," she said, nodding.

"I frankly have a problem with grown guys running around like that when they can see you."