12

Fred

I leaned against the desk, my pointer finger on my temple.

I wasn't sure if I'd ever been so pissed off.

"Alrighty, I've got a room for you," the lady said, "one bed or two?"

I looked down at Alexis. I didn't want to jump and just say one.

"One's fine," Alexis said, nodding.

"Okay," the lady said, sliding our key to us, "enjoy your stay."

"Thank you," Alexis said.

I stormed out of the motel lobby and we found our room. Alexis opened the door and I just looked inside, my jaw taut.

I threw my bag on the bed and Alexis just looked at me, making me sit down.

"You have no reason to be mad," she said.

"Yes, I do," I said, looking up at her, "this weekend was supposed to be perfect. It wasn't supposed to be us staying in a dumpy motel on the edge of town that charges by the hour."

She just bit down on her lip, her hands in her back pockets. "Well look on the bright side, we have a view."

She opened the curtains and smiled, making me shake my head.

"Talk to me, baby," she said, sitting down on my lap.

"You were supposed to be at the spa right now," I said, "getting pampered, and I was supposed to be filling the room with fucking rose petals."

She rubbed my back, her chin on top of my head.

"It was just supposed to be better," I said, "that's all."

"Hey, look at me," she said, pulling my face up to hers, "Fred, I don't care if we're staying on the side of the street or in the Ritz. I'm with you, we're together, that's what matters, right?"

I just looked up at her, nodding subtly.

She pressed a kiss to the corner of my mouth, my cheek, wherever she could reach. "It's going to be perfect. We're going to make it perfect."

She smiled. "That's right, isn't it?"

I wrapped my arms around her and placed her on the bed, making her cock her head over when I nestled my face in her neck.

"That tickles," she said, giggling.

I smiled against her neck, pulling her on top of me. She sat on my abdomen and I just rubbed her thigh.

"You can make something out of nothing, can't you?" I asked, making her nod down at me.

I pulled her lips down to mine and she rested her forehead against mine.

"Now lets make this the best weekend ever," she said, smiling.

~*~

Jo

"Where's my boy?" Mom asked from the hallway, making me lean my head back against the hospital bed.

She ran into the room. "Oh, gosh."

"Mom, it's fine-"

"Your shoulder is out of the socket," she said, covering her mouth.

I looked down at it. "I wouldn't have known if you wouldn't have told me."

"You're using an attitude in between breaths," she said, "where on earth is the doctor?"

Dad just walked in the room. "Hey, bud."