23

Jo

I caught the ball flying towards me, nearly falling backwards but keeping my balance.

"You've lost your magic, King," Aaron said, standing upright.

"I guess so," I said, throwing the ball back at him.

"That's what happens when you secure a good girl," he said, placing the ball in the machine.

I spotted Lena out of the corner of my eye, making me smile.

"King, it's flying at you!"

I gasped when I felt the ball hit me in the side, making Lena throw her hands over her mouth.

Aaron just busted out in laughter, covering his mouth with his fist.

"Are you okay?" Lena asked, making me place my hands on my knees.

I just looked up at her and squinted. "I've been better."

She laughed and Aaron walked over to us. "Hey, Lena."

"Hi, Aaron," she meekly greeted, smiling a shy smile.

"I'll leave you two alone," he said, "put some ice on your fucking side."

I just stood upright, making him run off.

"That looked like it hurt," she said, "and it's red."

She placed her fingertips on my skin and I sucked in a breath, chuckling.

She smiled up at me. "Maybe you should stop playing football, you're always getting injured."

She began walking towards the bleachers and I grabbed my shirt, running after her. "What are your plans for the night?"

"Nothing special, why?" She asked.

I just looked down at her and she cocked an eyebrow up at me. "A-am I supposed to have special plans for tonight?"

I chuckled, my hands on my hips. "We're leaving on Saturday."

"That's right," she said, "so yes I do have special plans, I have to pack."

"I could help you," I said, smiling at her as she sat down.

She just bit back a smile, looking up at me. "Yeah right."

"Guys take about five minutes to pack," I said, sitting down in front of her.

She reached in the bag she had and pulled out a protein shake, holding it out to me. "I just want it to be a surprise."

I raised my eyebrows and looked at her, smiling.

She gave my shoulder a shove and I just chuckled, settling myself in between her legs. I leaned my head back against her stomach. "I need a tan."

"Well, you'll get one on our getaway, I'm sure," she said, raking her fingers through my hair.

"Not a sunburn, let me make that part clear," I said, opening my eyes to look at her.

She just smiled down at me. "This angle is horrendous, look away."

"Lena, you couldn't ever look horrendous from any angle, even if you tried your hardest."

She laughed, looking into the bag. "I don't know, I might make you second guess that statement."

I leaned up and braced my elbows on my thighs, making her scoot down to my row of the bleachers. "Logan asked about you."

"Did you tell him that I'm currently in minor pain?" I asked, throwing back my protein shake.

"No, this was earlier," she said, laughing, "are you two putting on a show or are you actually tolerating each other?"