47

Alexis

Being in a deep sleep could be like being in a field of flowers, or being in nothing. Floating in space, there was no in between.

I'd spent most of my time in a field full of wildflowers, Fred beside me. I was angry at him, but every flower he picked and gave to me made me less angry at him.

I almost didn't want to wake up from this dream.

I felt it though, I could see. I could see the wildflowers dying, I could see Fred moving further away from me. I knew I was waking up.

I let out a breath, my fingers twitching.

My eyes slowly fluttered open. My vision was blurry, and I wasn't entirely sure where I was.

I just blinked a few times, inhaling sharply. I sat up and looked down at the various tubes coming out of my arm, in the bed beside me.

I just rubbed my head and rested my palm on my forehead. I had a headache, but it was dull.

My first and most important question was what the hell I was doing in the hospital- the others would come soon.

I looked over at my monitor and blinked a few times before I could read all the numbers and words correctly.

I sighed and leaned back against my bed. The Seattle gloomy sky was my view, along with some skyscrapers near.

I looked over at the door when it opened.

The nurse looked completely taken aback, freezing.

"Hi," she greeted.

"Hey," I said, rubbing my eyes, "that was a nap if I've had one."

I smiled and leaned my head back against the bed again, making the nurse smile. "Yeah, a two day nap is always fun."

My smile faded and I looked up at her as she placed some food on the tray beside me.

"You don't remember," she said, nodding, "that's common. Things will definitely be foggy for a while, it'll come back."

I bit down on my bottom lip. "I-I slept for two days?"

She nodded, pulling the blanket off of my feet. "How did you like the weighted blanket?"

I just looked down and it took me a second to register.

"I-it was nice," I said, nodding up at her.

She smiled and covered my feet back up. "If you think you're up for good, you should really get some fluids in you."

She held a cup of water, I was assuming, out to me and I grabbed it, wrapping my lips around the straw. The water hitting my throat felt foreign, and like it'd been weeks.

I closed my eyes and smiled a satisfactory, small smile. "That felt amazing."

She smiled down at me. "You've got a huge support system."

I just smiled up at her, nodding. "Yeah, I'm really lucky in that department."

"Should I tell everyone you're up?" She asked, making me just look up at her.

"Y-yes," I said, nodding, "I'd like to see some familiar faces."

~*~

Fred

"Cafeteria hot dogs," I muttered, gently opening Alexis's door, "good, right?"

"Wish I could have one."