29

Jo

"You're blushing."

Lena looked at me from over her drink, her brown eyes almost boring a hole into me. She smiled and placed her drink down on the table, clearing her throat.

"Why are you blushing?" I asked, reaching for her hand across the table.

She grabbed mine with a smile. "Because exactly seven months ago today, you asked me to be your girlfriend. Well, I agreed to be your girlfriend."

"No, you told me you were my girlfriend," I said, chuckling as I stood up, "and I'm glad you said something."

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed the gift bag I had ready for her and she scoffed, covering her face with her hands. "Jo."

I chuckled and placed it on the table in front of her.

"Why did you do that?" She asked, looking up at me.

"I want you to know that one, I'm a really good boyfriend for remembering, and two, how much I appreciate you."

"You spending a boat load of money on me isn't going to make that any more obvious," she said, reaching down in the bag.

I sat down next to her and she pulled out the first box, untying the ribbon on top.

"Adora did that," I said, making her giggle a quiet giggle.

She opened the box and her bottom lip immediately pouted out. She grabbed the picture of us out of the box and I just smiled, watching as she grabbed the necklace to go along with it.

"I thought you could put the picture in the heart," I said.

She just looked over at me, smiling the warmest, most genuine smile I'd ever seen. "Thank you, Jo."

I just smiled and nodded towards the bag. "Next."

She reached down and grabbed out the next box, her eyes going wide when she saw it was a Cartier box.

"Josiah-"

"It was a box I had laying around, don't fret."

She opened the box and gasped, her hands over her mouth. "You didn't!"

I chuckled, watching as she pulled the bracelet out of the box.

"A Cartier bracelet?" She asked, "Jo, this is too much-"

I grabbed the bracelet and clasped it on her wrist, smiling. "That looks so good on you."

She just stood up and I did the same, holding my arms out. She wrapped her arms around my neck, pulling my lips down to hers.

Her lips felt warm and welcoming, like a home. Like all I had to do was kiss her, and I felt as at home as ever.

"Thank you," she whispered against my lips, smiling up at me.

"Well, if I get another one of those kisses, I probably have some more gifts-"

She giggled and I pulled away from her, as much as I didn't want to. "I actually do have more."

I walked into the kitchen and brought out her roses and chocolate to her. "Too basic?"

She grabbed the roses with a laugh, shaking her head. "Not at all, Jo."

She placed the roses and chocolate on the table, making me pick her up and place her on the table as well. She smiled and looked up at me, her eyes boring into mine.

I just looked down at her, and realized just how much of my world was sitting on the table in front of me.

~*~