21

Lena

"I have absolutely no clue why I have to get sunburnt every time I step outside."

Jo examined his sunburnt back in the mirror, his eyebrows in a furrow.

I just smiled, rubbing the bottom of his back. "The sun just loves you so much, it wants to trap itself in you to stay with you longer."

He just smiled at me through the mirror. I wish the meaning behind that very smile was explicable but it simply was not.

"That was artsy," he said, making me kneel down. I grabbed the aloe out of the cabinet and he continued to look at his back in the mirror.

I held the aloe up to him and he just looked down at me. "I can't reach my back."

I stood up and placed the aloe on the counter, squeezing a bit out on my hand.

He braced his hands on the sink and sucked in a breath when I began smoothing it across his back.

"Okay, can you put your claws back in?" He asked, "shit."

I laughed. "Don't be a baby."

"Nails on a sunburn aren't a good match!" He quickly came to his defense, looking at me through the mirror.

I smiled and gently rubbed my fingertips across his shoulders. I got lost in admiring every muscle that was noticeable, every perfect edge and curve. The beautiful, naturally tanned skin.

I rested my hands on his back and smiled at him. "You're good."

"Did you get burnt?" He asked, looking down at me.

I shook my head. "And if I did, I can handle lathering myself in aloe."

He leaned his head back and smiled. He didn't know exactly how much that exact look could do to any female in general.

"Before you cook my ass anymore, it was on my back," he said, grabbing the aloe. He kneeled down and placed it in the cabinet, his eyes fixated on my legs.

He looked up at me with the smallest smirk he could put on, his fingertips brushing against my thigh before he stood up.

"Alright, dinner plans," he said, clapping his hands.

"I'm fine with whatever," I said, turning off the light.

"I'm tired of that shit, you actually have to pick," he said, leaning against the door.

I shrugged, laughing. The door opened before I could answer, making me look over my shoulder.

"What the hell are you doing here, King," Logan nonchalantly asked, cocking an eyebrow up at him.

"Being cooked," he said, walking over to Logan.

I was so cautiously looking out for the both of them, because I knew both of them were hot headed.

The hostile nature between the two was nonexistent, and I was surprised. The most surprised I'd been in quite some time, to be exact.

"Did you get some food for me, too?" Jo asked, peeking in the bag.

Logan just looked at him with a dumbfounded look on his face. "Yes."

Jo just smiled and they both looked over at me, making me furrow my brows and smile a small smile.

"Get over here," Logan said, shrugging, "I don't know what you're waiting on."

I just raised my brows and nodded. "O-okay."