41

Alexis

I pressed a kiss to Fred's lips. "Do good."

"I'll try."

He ran off with a smile and I hitched my bag up on my shoulder, pulling out my phone.

[From: Lena]
Are we shopping today?

[To: Lena]
Please

I placed my phone in my back pocket.

"Hey, Alexis," Aaron greeted.

"Hey, Aaron," I said, smiling as he ran past.

I felt a pair of hands on my waist and I turned around.

"Don't fucking touch me like that."

Wyatt just held his hands up with a smile. "Sorry."

I just looked at him, my face hopefully expressionless. That's what I was going for.

It wasn't that I was uncomfortable with Wyatt, I mean, I was a little sketched out but it was nothing serious. I knew Fred had a problem with him, though, so I didn't speak to him unless I had to.

"What are you doing, Wyatt?" I nonchalantly asked.

"I was going to offer you a ride home."

I just looked at him and began walking. He followed and smiled over at me.

"So?"

"Fred's my ride."

"Right, but doesn't his class end, like, twenty minutes before yours?"

I just looked over at him, a subtle confused look on my face.

"I wouldn't want you standing out in the cold waiting on him for twenty minutes."

"How do you know that?" I asked, my eyebrows in a furrow.

He just chuckled, his eyebrows in a furrow as well.

"I just do," he hesitantly responded.

"I'm fine, Wyatt, really," I said, nodding, "I have class."

"Alexis."

He grabbed my wrist and I just looked back at him, cocking an eyebrow up.

"I don't know what Fred told you," he said, "or what you've gotten from how Fred thinks of me, but I'm just trying to be friendly-"

"Wyatt, there's no problem with being friendly, and I'm happy that you're a friendly person, but it gets a little inappropriate at a certain point."

"H-how is that?" He asked.

"Let go of my wrist," I said, ripping my arm away from him.

He just looked at me.

"You know I have a boyfriend," I said, shrugging, "that frankly doesn't care for you."

"So you're letting your boyfriend's opinion of me have an effect on your opinion of me?" He chuckled out, "wow."

"I just think it's pretty self explanatory when you should stop offering rides and walks to classes," I said, nodding.

"I thought you might've been different from other girls," he said, nodding, "I guess I was wrong."

"Well I'm sorry to hear that," I deadpanned.

"Is it really that foreign to meet a friendly person in Seattle?" He asked, laughing.

"Okay, maybe you southerners have a different definition of the word friendly," I said, "you're not being friendly, Wyatt, y-"