14

Jo

"Should I stay or should I go?" I sang, moonwalking through Lena's kitchen.

She laughed and folded her arms over her chest, making me grab her hand and pull her into me.

"How's your shoulder?" She asked, gently placing her hand on it.

"Good and getting better," I said, pressing a kiss to the tip of her nose.

She smiled her sweet smile and I let go of her, walking over to her fridge. "It's supposed to storm tonight, I can stay."

She just looked at me, her lips pursed together. "I'll be fine."

"I know you hate storms," I said, pouring myself a glass of water.

She just leaned against the counter, looking over at me.

"Or you can stay at my place," I suggested.

"I stay here alone most nights, Jo," she said.

"I know," I said, "I just don't want you scared with nothing to help it."

"I'll call you if I get scared," she said.

I just smiled, leaning against the counter. "You think it's too early to be staying over."

She smiled and looked down. "Kinda, yeah."

I walked over to her and tucked a chunk of hair behind her ear, my eyes boring into hers deeply. "I'm willing to take it slow."

She nodded, looking up at me with her big, brown eyes.

I rubbed her cheek and pressed a kiss to her lips, making her rest a hand on my abdomen.

I pulled away from her and noticed her eyes were still closed, making me smile and press another small kiss to her lips. "Can't get enough?"

She wound her arms around my neck gently and I rested my free hand on her waist. I wasn't willing to go any further.

Truthfully, I wanted to take this as slowly as Lena did. I'd rushed into relationships of any sort since I could remember, and they were never innocent, or out of actual feeling. Just sex, and I knew that was not on Lena's to-do list.

And it really wasn't on mine, either.

"You are so beautiful," I whispered, resting my forehead against hers.

"As are you," she said, looking up at me.

I cleared my throat, pulling away from her.

"You should probably go," she said, "before it starts storming."

I nodded. "You're sure?"

She smiled and nodded. "Positive. Like I said, I'll call you if I get scared."

"And what am I supposed to do, stay on the phone with you all night?" I asked, smiling down at her.

"That is quite romantic," she said, shrugging.

"Then that's what I'll do," I said, grabbing her hand.

She looked up at me. "Listen, I know you're not used to this."

I just looked down at her.

"If you feel at any point like-"

"Hey," I said, shaking my head, smiling, "we've got this. Change is good, you know?"

She nodded, looking down.

"I'll see you in the morning," I said, nodding, "okay? We can go out for break-"