16

Jo

"How do you guys feel about a road trip?" I asked, sitting down at the table next to Lena.

She just looked at me as she took a bite of her salad.

"Summer's coming up, and I want to do something fun to celebrate surviving our first year of college," I said.

"I'm down," Alexis said, folding her arms on the table, "where to?"

Fred just leaned forward as well, all ears along with the girls.

"I'm not that far ahead yet," I quietly stated, making Lena giggle and place her hand on top of mine.

"California," Fred said, leaning back in his chair with a smile.

I could tell Fred and Alexis were definitely a changed couple and why exactly, I wasn't sure.

They were acting as they normally did, but there was just something off about them.

"California sounds nice," Lena said, her long nails grazing over my forearm as she leaned over closer to me.

I hid my notepad from her and she pouted her bottom lip out, looking up at me. "Oh my goodness, you're writing it down."

I just sighed and leaned back in my chair. "I've heard that if you put it in writing, it happens."

"Is that so?" She asked, folding her hands under her chin.

"Yes," I said, smiling as I looked over at her.

"Can you stay again tonight?" She asked, her big brown eyes forcing me to say yes.

"Of course," I said. I had to look away from her because I'd get lost in her eyes, and I didn't want anyone else to know that.

Not even her.

"I-I can buy you an air mattress," she said, "so you're not on the couch again. Are you stiff?"

She gently rubbed my back, and she had absolutely no clue just how much a simple back rub could do for me.

"I-I'm good," I said, letting out a breath, "your couch is nice."

"Hey, we have to be at our meeting in a few," Alexis said, standing up, nodding down at Lena.

"Okay," Lena quietly said, standing up, "I'll be waiting on you after class, okay?"

I nodded up at her and she pressed a kiss to the top of my head, making Alexis do the same to Fred. They walked off and I just looked at him, his eyes fixated on Alexis walking off.

"You good?" I asked, an eyebrow cocked up.

He raked his hands through his hair, resting his elbows on the table. "She gave me head, man."

My eyebrows just shot up and I jolted forward. "You're joking?"

"I'm not," he said, "and I've known Alexis for years, we know this, but I have no fucking clue where she learned to do that."

I just laughed and he did the same, shaking his head.

"Well, I'm proud for you," I said.

"So all we have left to do is actual sex," he said, "which for some reason is hard for her to wrap her head around."

"You two have been together for more than a year," I said, "maybe you not making a move is the problem."

"I'm going at her speed," he said, "I don't want her to feel pressured."