45

Fred

I'd never been so livid in my entire life.

This topped everything that had ever made me upset, or angry- this one was on top.

I busted through the hospital doors and brushed past everyone. I walked down the hallway until I found her room, tears clouding up my eyes.

Her room door was open, and I could see her lying in the hospital bed, unconscious.

I felt a tear roll down my cheek and I cautiously stepped inside, biting down on my bottom lip. I closed the door behind me and covered my mouth with my hand, my other arm across my chest holding that hand up because I was too weak.

I stopped in my tracks and just looked at her.

I silently sobbed, my shoulders shaking. I squatted down and rested my elbows on my thighs, my face in my hands.

I regained my breath after a minute or so and stood back up, walking over to the bed.

I couldn't look at her like this.

I felt my legs give out on me and I just fell to my knees, wrapping both of my hands around her single one. I pressed my forehead against it and sobbed.

"I'm sorry," I cried out.

I sat in that very position until I couldn't anymore, until I realized that wouldn't wake her up.

I let go of her hand and stood up, wiping my eyes. I sniffled and cleared my throat, looking down at her. I brushed her hair away from her cheek and leaned down, my forehead against her cheek.

"I'm sorry," I whispered shakily.

I pulled away from her and wiped my nose, walking away from her. I knew if I stayed in that room any longer, I would've made some decisions that I would've regretted.

I opened the door and stormed down the hallway, walking into the waiting area. I saw Jo, Lena, Mom, and Dad all sitting in there, making me just look at them.

"Hey, man," Jo greeted. He gently wrapped his arm around my shoulders and I felt my eyes cloud up with tears, my breathing shaky again.

"You're okay," he said, pulling away from me. He nodded and I just looked him dead in the eyes, shaking my head.

"I'm going to kill him," I whispered, never pulling my eyes away from his.

He just gently cocked his head over and I raked my hands through my hair, looking down. "I'm going to kill him, Jo."

Dad stood up and I grabbed whatever was close to me and threw it across the room, making Mom jolt up.

I continued throwing things, I was so angry and I couldn't control it. I'd never experienced anger like this.

"Fred!" Dad said, his voice raised.

"Calm down, Fred," Mom said, her hands on my shoulders.

I just looked at her, my eyebrows in a deep furrow. "Calm down?"

She just looked up at me and I chuckled, looking at Jo.

"That woman in there, she's going to have my kids," I adamantly stated, "that woman in there is the woman that almost had a ring on her finger multiple times this week because I don't want to leave her! That woman in there is the only person that can put me together!"

"Fred-"

"I'll calm down when she's not any of those things," I said, nodding, "that's when I'll calm down, Mom."