30

Jo

I rubbed Lena's arm, grinning at Dad as he opened his presents.

"I wish you guys wouldn't spend money on me," he muttered, pulling a box out of the bag.

"I heard you're a whiskey man," Lena said, smiling.

"And how did you get your hands on whiskey?" He asked, "you look sixteen, at oldest."

Lena just giggled and sat upright. "Logan, my brother got it. I paid him for it."

Adora looked at Lena. "He means that as a compliment."

"You kids are taking being told you look young as a bad thing?" Dad asked, looking at her.

She giggled, shaking her head. "Not me."

I smiled and nodded towards the bag. "My contribution's in the bottom."

"What was it?" Lena asked, looking up at me.

I just nodded towards the bag again, chuckling as he pulled out a box of condoms.

"How sweet it is of you to assume we're the same size," he deadpanned, looking over at me.

I laughed and he shook his head. "Why?"

"I thought I should give them to someone who'd actually use them," I chuckled out, "since I'm not."

Lena just looked up at me and her lips parted, her eyes wide.

She stood up and I just furrowed my brows, looking at Adora. "What did I say?"

Fred just covered his mouth with a laugh, making Alexis slap his arm.

Dad just looked at me, nodding towards the stairs. "You should go talk to her."

I stood up and ran upstairs, stopping in my doorway. I just bit down on my lip and saw her standing at my bed, her arms folded over her chest.

I cautiously stepped inside and closed the door behind me.

"If I said something wrong, I'm sorry."

"Jo, not being enough for you, trust me, that's enough," she said, looking up at me, "not being enough for you in your dad's eyes-"

"He knew long before that," I said, "and he's proud of me for it, you know."

"He's proud of his son who's been sexually inactive for eight months now?" She deadpanned, making me nod up at her as I sat down on my bed.

"He knows," I said, grabbing her hand, "sometimes it takes that."

I pulled her into me and stood up, brushing a chunk of hair away from her forehead. "And you're enough for me, I promise you. More than enough."

She just looked up at me and back down, making me grab her jaw.

"Hey," I said, "I don't want to hear that bullshit ever again."

She just looked up at me with a smile, making me smile and press a kiss to her lips.

I just pulled away from her and nodded, my hand resting in the curve of her back. "You're good?"

She nodded and wrapped her arms around my middle, making me close my eyes at the feeling of her wrapped around me. It was easily one of the best feelings I'd ever felt or be able to feel.

I rubbed her hair and pressed a kiss to her head. "You want to go home?"

She pulled away from me and nodded, smiling a small smile. "Yeah."