15

three months later

Fred

"Shh," I whispered, tip-toeing into Alexis's classroom.

She was deeply focused on something- I wasn't sure what, but she was focused.

I smiled and nodded back at Jo, who was holding her cake. I crept up behind her and winked back at him, grabbing her hips.

"Oh, my goodness!" She yelled, spinning around, "God, Fred, you better be glad you were you because you would've gotten punched if you weren't."

I chuckled. "Happy birthday."

She just smiled and wrapped her arms around my neck, pressing a kiss to my lips. "Thank you. You know not to make a big deal out of it, yeah?"

"Of course," I said, "the lovely lady dislikes attention."

She laughed and raised her eyebrows. "Aw, you got me a cake."

Jo held it out to her and she smiled, her hand on her chest. "Where's Lena?"

"I'm here," she said, peeking out from behind Jo's back.

Alexis just smiled and they hugged, making me sit down on the table behind me.

"Jo and I actually have to run," Lena said, their fingers intertwined, "but celebration tonight, yeah?"

Alexis just smiled and nodded, watching as they ran off.

"They're cute," she said, making me pull her into me.

She looked at my lips and smiled. "Thank you for the cake."

I trailed my hands down her sides and to her backside, smiling as I pulled her closer. "You're welcome."

She pressed a kiss to my lips and I squeezed her bum, making her smile against my lips.

I slipped my tongue inside her mouth and she let out the quietest moan, making me pull away from her.

"Is the door closed?" I asked, raking my hands through my hair.

She shook her head and ran over to it, closing it. "Now it is."

I stood up and pushed her against the table, making her wrap an arm around my neck. Our bodies were pressed against each other's, but I still wanted her closer.

Alexis was as light as a feather, so picking her up and placing her on the table required no kind of effort at all.

"What are your plans tonight?" I asked.

She rested her head against my chest. "Well, my parents are both away on work trips. So no birthday plans."

"Where's Milo?" I asked.

"He's with my aunt," she said, "you can come over."

She wrapped her arms around me and I smiled. "How about you spend the night with me? At my place."

She smiled up at me. "Sounds like a plan."

I pulled her off of the table. "Happy birthday, baby."

She pressed a kiss to my lips with a smile. "Thank you. Very glad I get to spend it with you."

She straightened out my shirt and pressed one last kiss to my cheek. "I have to get this to Lydia. I'll meet you after class?"

I nodded and she smiled, her hand slipping off of my abdomen as she walked off.

~*~

Jo