35

two days later

Jo

I threw my bag in the car angrily, my jaw taut.

"You good?" Fred asked, his hand on my shoulder.

"You didn't tell Alexis anything, did you?"

He shook his head. "No, I kept it between me and you."

"Thank you," I said, nodding.

He smiled and ran over to Alexis.

Lena and I hadn't talked since things got blown out of proportion- Logan probably would've actually shot my kneecaps out if we would've. I left her a voicemail and told her she was still welcome to come to Barcelona with us, but I understood a thousand percent if she didn't want to.

She was right, I should've told her.

And I should've told her sooner, and in a better way. She shouldn't have found her sweater.

I closed my eyes and leaned against the car, my jaw taut.

"Why are you so pissed off?" Dad asked, his eyebrows in a furrow.

I rubbed my forehead, my eyes still closed. "Lena found out about Catherine."

"That name's cursed for both of us," he said, "is she still coming?"

"I don't know," I said, "how the fuck did I screw that up?"

"Catherine happened before you knew Lena existed," Dad said.

"I didn't tell her, though," I said.

"Still, not completely your fault," he said, "cheer up. You're going to Barcelona."

I pushed myself off of the car and Alexis jogged over to me. "Lena was supposed to be here an hour ago."

"Yeah, I know," I muttered.

"Oh! There she is," she said, making me look over my shoulder. I saw Logan's car pulling into the driveway, making Alexis run towards the car.

Logan opened the door and Lena got out, her eyes meeting mine. She bit down on her lip and adjusted her purse, clearing her throat.

I jogged over to them and Alexis dragged Lena away, leaving Logan and I.

I opened the back and pulled out her bag, making Logan grab my arm.

"I tried to talk her out of it."

"I get it, you're pissed," I said, "I am, too."

"I swear to God, if you don't keep her safe, Jo."

"I know," I said, "she's safe, I swear to you."

"And work through it," he said, "you're the only boyfriend I've ever liked."

I couldn't help but to crack a smile and he got in his car. "Don't make me regret saying that."

I jogged over to the car and Lena stood there, her arms folded over her chest.

"Hey, baby," I greeted, dropping her bag.

I wrapped my arms around her neck and pulled her into me. All I wanted to do was touch her, considering I hadn't in two solid days.

She gently pushed me off of her after a second. "I'm coming because I promised Alexis I would."

"Okay," I said, rubbing her cheek, "but you and I, we have some talking to do."

She refused to look at me.

"Lena, baby, look at me," I pleaded, pulling her close to me.