36

Fred

I opened my eyes, and the first thing I saw was Alexis standing on the balcony. The white curtains flowing in the wind, her holding a camera up, taking a picture.

She was clad in a white button-up, one I was assuming was from my bag. Her long, tan legs were on full view, her backside peeking out from under the shirt.

I couldn't help but to smile- this was one of the most picturesque moments I'd ever gotten the pleasure of seeing.

The long lost Sunday morning I'd been waiting on.

I sat up, my weight on my elbow as I admired her.

Her messy morning hair, her tan lines that she'd somehow accumulated just by sitting out for less than an hour.

I stood up and walked over to her, wrapping my arms around her tiny waist from behind. "Hi, beautiful."

She turned the camera around and I hid my face in her hair, making her giggle. She snapped a picture and held up the camera. "How cute is that?"

"Your face is so cute," I said, squeezing her cheeks.

She turned around to face me and smiled up at me. "Did you rest?"

I nodded, smiling as my eyes landed on her hair. "Alexis, baby, that's concerning."

She laughed and slapped my arm. "I haven't brushed it yet."

"I can tell," I laughed out, making her hush me with a kiss.

I lifted her shirt and palmed her backside, pressing her against the balcony. She smiled and pulled away from me for a second before diving back in.

"What's that on your lips?" I asked, my hands resting on her hips.

"Coconut lip balm," she said, smiling up at me.

I just smiled and pressed one last kiss to her lips, spinning her around. I wrapped my arms around her neck and she wrapped her hand around my arm.

"Photo op."

She held the camera up and looked back at me. "You actually have to smile this time."

I just smiled, but at her. She snapped the picture, her eyes turning into puppy dog eyes at the picture.

"I'm going to cry, look at how you're looking at me!" She exclaimed.

"That wasn't even for the picture, either," I said, "believe it or not, I look at you like that all the time."

She scrolled through the pictures she'd taken. "I can't wait to make a Barcelona board."

"We definitely should," I said, "I love it here, and I'd love to be able to look at it every day."

She nodded. "We will. Do you think.."

She trailed off, making me look down at her. "What?"

"That maybe you might end up here?"

I smiled, nestling my face in her neck. "I can envision me and you, late forties, early fifties, on the beach here with a bucket of beer and cigars, living it up."

She giggled and I chuckled, pressing a kiss to her neck. "If life was perfect, I'd end up here."

"Life can be perfect," she said, rubbing my arm gently.

I smiled and looked down at her.

Yeah, you've proved that for me.

~*~