11

Fred

"You're mine for the weekend," I said, grinning as I held my arms out.

Alexis ran into my arms and grinned up at me, pecking my lips. "I'm so excited."

"Me too," I said, making her pull away from me.

"Let me go get my bags from upstairs and I'll be ready to go," she said, her hand on my abdomen.

I smiled and watched as she walked off.

Her dad just cocked an eyebrow up at me.

"Hey, Mr. Parker," I said, smiling.

"You better keep her safe," he said, looking back down at his newspaper.

"Of course he will!" Mrs. Parker said, walking over to me with a smile, "I made you a snack bag."

"Wow, thanks," I said, smiling as I grabbed it.

"I'd appreciate it if you two were in your separate hotel rooms no later than one," her dad said, his eyes never meeting mine.

"Hon, they're sharing a room," Mrs. Parker said, "they've been dating for a year."

I just smiled and her dad shook his head. "Doesn't matter."

"I said you can share a room. For goodness's sake, Tom, what were we doing at age nineteen?"

"What I want my daughter to not be doing."

I couldn't help but to smile.

"Oh, whatever," her mom said, rolling her eyes, "I said you're fine, so you're fine."

Alexis jogged downstairs, a smile on her face. "Ready?"

"Yes ma'am," I said, grabbing her bag for her, "I promise I'll keep her safe, Mr. Parker."

"He knows you will," Alexis said, hugging her dad.

I smiled and opened the door.

"Have fun!" Her mom whispered, making me chuckle and walk outside.

She leaned against my car with a smile, wiggling her eyebrows. "So you're mine this weekend."

"As are you," I said, throwing her bag in the car.

She grinned and pulled me close to her, smiling up at me. "You know, you've yet to tell me where we're going."

I opened her door for her, smiling. "It's a secret."

She muttered something against my lips and I just smiled, my hand on her hip.

She pulled away from me and I just pressed a kiss to her forehead. "Get in."

She slipped inside the car and I closed her door, jogging around the front of the car.

I got in my side and started the car, making her shrug out of her jacket. "So how far away are we?"

"Far enough to be considered away," I said, my hand on her seat as I looked over my shoulder, backing out of her driveway.

I saw her smile out of the corner of my eye, which made me smile.

"This is the first time we've done this," she said, smiling.

"I know," I said, "look at us, diving into new things."

I grinned at her and she leaned over, pressing a kiss to my cheek. "Thank you. For whatever the hell you have planned, thank you."

~*~