43

Fred 

"Did you know vagina massages actually exist?" Alexis asked, looking up at me.

"Now I do," I said, smiling down at her.

She stopped next to the door and leaned against the wall, hugging her books to her chest. "I got the best massage this weekend, speaking of them."

"Yeah?" I asked, "where?"

"Well, she really focused on my midsection but I also got a little thigh and neck action, too," she said, leaning her head against the wall.

I pulled my hands out of my pockets and folded my arms over my chest, making her eyebrows go into a deep furrow. "What the hell happened to your knuckles? I didn't even notice this morning."

She grabbed my hand and I looked down at it. "I boxed without gloves, like an idiot."

"No joke," she said, "do they hurt?"

I shook my head. "Not anymore."

"Well I'd hate to see the other guy," she joked, giggling.

"The punching bag is pretty beat up," I said, chuckling.

But you're right, you don't want to see the other guy.

She smiled and stood upright. "Hey, we should go out to dinner tonight. The new place that opened on Main Street."

"Sounds good," I said.

Conversation seemed to stop everywhere and why I wasn't so sure- but I figured out why when Wyatt weakly walked in, his face as bruised up as I remembered.

I just raised my eyebrows.

"Oh, my God," Alexis muttered, "what the hell happened to him?"

I just flexed my jaw and pushed myself off of the wall. "Wish I had sympathy for the dude."

"That's intense," she said, her eyes glued to him.

My eyes were glued to him as well. I'd figured I'd made my point clear, but here was really no way of knowing with this guy.

"He was probably stalking someone else's girlfriend, too," I muttered, my eyebrows raised.

Alexis just looked up at me, her eyebrows in a furrow. "Fred, you didn't do that, did you?"

I just looked down at her, my jaw taut.

"Fred!" She yelled.

"He deserved it," I said, quickly coming to my defense, "and I had to get my point across, since he can't understand-"

"There's other ways to get a point across!" She yelled, "you could've killed him!"

"He could've killed you!" I yelled, matching her tone.

"Oh, my God," she laughed out, shaking her head, "Fred, what good did this do for you?"

I just shook my head and began to walk away from her.

"You're not walking away from me!" She yelled, grabbing my arm.

"Alexis, my head is fucking pounding," I sneered, "you screaming at me-"

"No, you know what, walk away," she said, shaking her head, "I can't even look at you right now, I swear to God I have no clue who you are."

"Are you really upset with me for standing up for you?" I asked, "Alexis, I was fucking pissed. I'd never wanted to hurt someone more."

"You bearing him half to death didn't erase the fact that it happened!" She yelled, rubbing her hands down her face, "Fred, I-I've got to go."