24

Jo

My eyes fluttered open and I was met with darkness.

I threw the pillow that was resting on my face off of my face, seeing the brightness of the Seattle cloudy sky pouring in Lena's picture window.

I rubbed my eyes and sat up, looking at her from over the pillow wall.

She was sound asleep, and looking angelic, at that.

I'd never seen someone look angelic while sleeping, but now I had. Lena was pretty much always angelic, so I should've expected it.

I threw my legs over the side of the bed and sat up, looking back at her one last time before standing up. I walked out of her room and into the living area, seeing Logan sitting on the couch.

"Well, good morning, beautiful," he greeted, falling on his back.

"I didn't know you were here," I said, walking into the kitchen.

"Yeah, I took down a bad bitch last night."

I just cocked an eyebrow up at him as he walked into the kitchen.

"And then she dumped me off like I was a piece of shit," he said, folding his arms over his chest.

"Crazy how that just worked out," I said, grabbing the coffee pot, "is this fresh?"

"Yeah," he said, leaning against the fridge, "woah, wood buddies."

"I've never heard anyone say that, Logan," I said, pouring some coffee.

"I have my own terms," he said, shooting me a smile.

"I'm going to the bathroom."

"Woah, that's my bathroom," he said, his hand on my chest.

I just looked over at him.

"Tell me you haven't been pissing in my bathroom."

I laughed and he shoved me back. "God damn it, use your girlfriend's bathroom. It's not that invasive to share a fucking bathroom."

"I'll keep that in mind," I said, "cook me breakfast, will you?"

He just shook his head, pointing at me. "Not happening."

"I've heard you can make some magic in the kitchen," I said.

"You've got the wrong dude," he said, "I make magic in the bedroom, and that's it."

"It doesn't emasculate you to have cooking skills, Logan," I said.

"Never said it did," he said.

"You hinted at it, though," I said, patting Lena's doorframe before walking in her room.

She sat up in bed.

"Good morning," I greeted, "sleep well?"

She nodded, rubbing her eyes. "Yeah, a pillow tried to suffocate me, though."

I chuckled and turned on her bathroom light, walking inside. I did my business and when I was done, I could see her wrapping herself up in a robe.

I leaned against the doorframe and she turned around. "My hair's a wreck."

"I think it looks beautiful," I said, folding my arms over my chest.

She tried to brush past me but I grabbed her hand, pulling her into me. "Hey."

She just smiled up at me, covering her face. "I look tragic, Jo."

I pulled her hands away from her face and smiled, rubbing her cheek. "You look amazing."