25

Lena

"So, I have all the ingredients to make it a perfect road trip," Alexis said, grabbing a bag from the floor of the car.

I watched her pull out disposable cameras, sunscreen, a hat she'd managed to squish down in the bottom somewhere.

"Say cheese!"

I covered my face when she snapped a picture of me with her camera, and she looked at it. "Why did you cover your face, party pooper?"

"I'm not big on the camera," I said, smiling over at her.

"Well I think you should get big on the camera, because I'm going to be taking more pictures than you can imagine."

She shot me an accomplished smile and I just looked at Jo through the rear-view mirror, making his eyes meet mine and his lips pull up into a smile.

He reached back for my hand, making me grab his with a smile and look out of my window.

"Time to put this aux cord to use," Fred said, "Alexis made us a road trip playlist, also, when did you do that?"

He looked back at her, making her smile. "While you were in the shower, I couldn't wait."

He just plugged his phone up and Jo pulled his hand away from mine, both hands on the wheel.

"Anyone need a bathroom break?" He asked.

I shook my head, looking over at Alexis. "I think we're good."

Fred turned on the music and rolled down the windows, making my hair go wild. I brushed it away from my face and decided to throw it up into a ponytail.

"Way too busy fucking on the sofa or the kitchen table," Alexis and Fred both sang, giggling with each other.

My eyes met Jo's in the rear view, his lips pulled up into a smirk. My cheeks burned red, making me look out my window.

"Jo, sorry, Lena spoke for herself," Alexis said, "I've got to pee."

"Alexis, you should've told me that when we were in front of the gas station," he said.

"Get over it," she said, "you sure you don't have to go?"

"I have a big bladder, I guess," I said, smiling over at her.

"You're the only one that has to go, hold it," Jo said, making her slap his shoulder.

"I have to go, too," Fred said.

"You can stop on the side of the road."

"I'm not arguing with you over this, Jo."

"It's going to be twelve fucking hours before we make it to our destination," he laughed out, rubbing his eyes.

"Oh, a five minute pee break is going to set you back so far," she said, "get over it, bitch ass."

I couldn't help but to giggle quietly, making Jo take the nearest exit. He pulled into a gas station and looked back at Alexis.

"Hurry up."

"Don't tell me what to do," she said, opening her door. She and Fred walked up to the door, making Jo look back at me.

"You good?"

He held out his hand and I grabbed it, smiling at him. "I'm good, you?"