9

Jo

I'd now done exactly what I told myself I would not do again.

I'd wanted wanted to spend every ounce of my time with Lena Anderson- and for what reason, I wasn't sure.

I wanted to call her right after dropping her off at her apartment and ask if she was free, but I knew I couldn't do that.

Wanting to protect Lena had turned into wanting more.

I wanted to show Lena what it was like to have someone care for you in a romantic way. Not like her brother cared for her, like I could care for her.

Lena was the most innocent human I'd ever met and I wanted to teach her things. Not now, maybe not in six months, maybe not even a year, but I wanted to help her understand.

But at the same time, I wanted her innocence far more than I'd ever wanted some girl's experience.

All of these thoughts rushing through my head while just being in her presence.

I hadn't ever had experience with an actual committed relationship. So I would of course be rusty, too, but I was trying.

"You're dismissed," Professor said, "do not do any partying this weekend, you have a big test on Monday!"

"The only way we'll live through it, boss," Malcolm said, throwing his bag over his shoulder.

I leaned against the table, folding my arms over my chest.

"Who you waiting on?" He asked, cocking an eyebrow up at me.

I smiled when Lena walked downstairs carefully, making Malcolm chuckle and roll his eyes. "You won't live, bro."

He brushed past me and I just smiled when Lena made it to me.

"Hey," she greeted, smiling a soft smile.

"Hi," I said, "give me your books."

She held them back and I just smiled. "Give me your books, you should know better now."

She smiled and held her books out to me, making me tuck them under my arm.

"You look nice today," she quietly said, looking up at me.

I just raised my eyebrows with a smile, looking down at her. "Well you look nice everyday."

She giggled a quiet giggle and looked down, tucking her hair behind her ear. "I'm always wearing sweats, Jo."

I just smiled down at her.

"Thank you," I said, walking downstairs with her, "this is the first time you're seeing me in something other than sweatpants, right?"

She laughed and nodded.

I stopped outside the classroom, my hand brushing against hers. "Come over tonight."

She looked up at me, sighing. "I-I can't. Logan and I have to meet my dad for dinner."

"Come over after," I said, "or I can come to your place-"

"Not a good idea, not while Logan's still here."

"Well then that leaves you the option of coming over to my place," I said, "Alexis, Fred's girlfriend, she said she wanted to meet you and get to know you more."

She smiled. "Are you sure i-it's not about y-you wanting to spend time with me?"

"You can't be assertive to save your life, can you?" I asked, chuckling as I threw my arm around her shoulders.