10

Jo

I pulled up to Lena's apartment building, smiling as soon as she walked out of the door.

"Hi," I greeted as soon as she opened the door.

"Hey," she said, smiling, "I-I got you coffee this morning."

"Thank you," I said, grabbing it from her. I placed it in my cup holder and smiled over at her before driving off.

"I heard you like a ton of French vanilla creamer," she shyly said, taking a sip of hers.

"And who did you hear that from?"

Her cheeks turned red, a small smile pulling at her lips. "Claudia at the coffee shop."

"No way, you asked how I took my coffee?" I asked, chuckling as I looked over at her.

She shook her head with a smile, looking away.

"Is that a blush?" I asked, gently grabbing her chin with a smile.

She just looked over at me, her big brown eyes boring into mine.

I lightly rubbed her cheek before pulling away.

Ask her.

No, wait.

"Sleep well?" I asked, looking over at her.

"C-can you please watch the road?" She asked.

"You're prettier," I said.

She smiled and I looked at the road.

"But yes," she answered, "you?"

I nodded. "Slept like a log. I always do if I workout before bed."

"Okay, I get it, you work out," she jokingly said, grinning over at me.

I stopped at a red light and stretched, making sure to flex my muscles. "You sure?"

She laughed and looked out of her window, making me step on the gas pedal when the light turned green.

"Thank you," she said, nodding over at me.

"For?"

"Driving me to school," she said, "you don't have to. Really."

"I want to," I said, nodding over at her.

I scanned myself into the gate and drove through the parking lot, making her grab her bag from the floorboard.

"Actually, can we sit in here for a second?" I asked, gently grabbing her hand.

She looked over at me, understanding eyes boring into my own. She eventually looked down at our hands, her thumb rubbing the back of mine gently.

"I, uh, I want to ask you something," I said, clearing my throat.

She just looked at me. She looked like she knew what I was going to ask and it scared me a bit, considering how terrified she looked.

"O-okay," she said, her voice a low hum.

I looked down at our hands, my jaw taut. I leaned my head back against my seat. "I like you, Lena."

I looked at her and she just nodded subtly.

"I'd really like you to," I said, shaking my head, "be my... girlfriend."

I just let out a breath and rubbed my eyes. I hadn't ever done that before.

She just pulled her hand away from mine and I couldn't help but to get paranoid.

"I, uh," she said, gulping, "I-I-can I think?"