39

Jo (in Seattle again)

I shook Lena's shoulder gently, smiling down at her. I was convinced she was an actual angel.

"Wake up," I whispered.

Her eyes fluttered open and she squeezed them shut again, rolling over away from me. I chuckled and wrapped my arm around her waist, resting my chin on her arm.

"I brought you breakfast in bed."

Her eyes opened again and she looked at me from over her shoulder. "Really?"

I smiled and stood up, grabbing her plate. "Breakfast is served."

"Jo, why did you do that?" She asked, rubbing her eyes, "you must've woken up so early."

"Because I love you," I said, "and here's some freshly squeezed orange juice."

She just looked up at me and I grinned, holding her tray of food down to her.

"Where did you find fresh oranges?" She asked, I think mostly to herself.

"Well, I couldn't sleep, so I woke up at five," I said, "I went for a run through the city, the sun was up by the time I came back through town, I stopped at the market and got a few."

She just looked up at me as she sat upright. She placed her tray in her lap, biting down on her bottom lip as she looked down at it. "So you've been up since five?"

She cut into one of her pancakes and I nodded as I sat down on the edge of her bed. "Mm hmm."

She rubbed my cheek gently. "Get some rest."

I smiled and pressed a kiss to her palm. "Eat."

I stood up and stepped out of my sweatpants. "I'm getting a quick shower."

She smiled up at me, reaching for my hand. I grabbed hers and smiled, making her lips pull up into a cute grin. "Thank you. So much."

I pressed a kiss to her head and walked into the bathroom, turning on the shower. I discarded my underwear and shirt, throwing them in the corner. I stepped inside the shower and washed up, turning off the water when I was done.

I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around my hips, walking over to the sink.

"Hey, I just showered in two minutes," I said, peeking out of the bathroom.

Lena giggled and gave me a thumbs up. I just chuckled and walked out into her room, drying my hair off with a towel.

"Breakfast is great," she said, covering her mouth.

I smiled and dropped my towel. I could see through her dresser mirror that she was staring as she sipped on her orange juice.

"My ass routine is-"

"Stop," she giggled out, "seriously, you have a really cute butt."

I nodded at her through the mirror, my eyes narrowed. I smiled and stepped into a pair of underwear, grabbing a pair of sweats out of the drawer. I'd pretty much moved in to Lena's apartment by now, most of my belongings were here.

"I'm full, really," she said, "those pancakes were amazing."

"Well, I'm starving," I deadpanned, folding my arms over my chest. I leaned against her dresser and she just looked up at me.

"Th-there's some pancakes left," she said, her round, brown eyes boring into me.

I chuckled. "I already ate."

"Y-you said you w-were starving," she quietly admitted, rubbing the back of her neck.

I pushed myself off of her dresser. "Maybe it didn't exactly hit the spot."