Prologue

Quick Important Note, Please Read Before Reading This Story:

*This story is not edited yet*

WARNING: There may be many triggering scenes in the future, please be warned.

It all started the day Beth, Annie and Ruby showed up at my doorstep. At first it had seemed like a normal night but it quickly changed once they came inside.

"Hey guys! What's up?" I ask as they come into my house.

"Hey Lena!" Annie says pulling me into a hug.

"How have you been?" Beth asks hugging me next.

"Well I'm alive, so that's always nice." I say with a small chuckle.

"Ain't that the truth." Ruby says hugging me last.

We all make our way to my living room and me and Annie sit on one of the couches while Beth and Ruby take the one across from us.

"So, what's been going on with you guys? How's Sara doing?" I ask.

"She's okay." Ruby says.

"Milena, there's actually a reason why we came." Beth says suddenly.

"Oh, um okay what's going on?" I ask taken off guard.

Beth only ever uses my full name when something serious is going on.

"Were robbing Fine & Frugal." she states bluntly.

I burst out laughing only to look up and see no one else laughing.

"Wait your serious?!" I ask in shock.

"Dead serious." Annie says.

"How did this idea turn into a real plan?" I ask confused and surprised.

"Well we all need money. Ruby needs money for Sara's surgery, Annie needs money for a lawyer with her custody battle and I need money because I just out found out, not only has Dean been cheating on me, but he spent all our money on this girl and were going to lose the house if I don't get cash and fast." Beth explains simply.

"Holy shit, I need a minute to take this in. Excuse me, i need to get a drink." I say getting up and going to my alcohol bar and pouring myself a drink of vodka and coke before slamming it back and going back to the couch.

"This is a lot to take in all at once, but i want to know this. When do you plan on doing this?" I say.

"Tomorrow." Annie says.

"I want in." I state without a thought.

"Wait what? Why?" Annie asks shocked.

"There is something I haven't told you guys... and I honestly could use the extra money especially with what I'm about to say." I say beginning to chew on my lip anxiously.

"Milena, what's going on?" Beth asks narrowing her eyes at me.

I let out a long sigh.

"Jeff is getting released at the end of the week... and the house is in his name." I say looking down at the floor.

Jeff was a longtime boyfriend of mine, up until the point that I got him put in jail that is. Me and Jeff started dating when I was 15 and in high school, he was 21 at the time but I couldn't help the love I felt for him. By the time I turned 17 I was living at his house and things were going okay those first two years, then the abuse started. It wasn't until I turned 20 and found out I was pregnant that it had finally been enough. Jeff told me how excited he was and how he promised never to hurt me or the baby, I truly believed him. It wasn't until I woke up in a hospital bed that I realized how bad things really had gotten. I had lost the baby and had been in a coma for 2 weeks. That day when I woke up was the day I knew things had to change. Police were already there waiting to hear my side of the story and as hard as it was to relive, I knew I needed to do it. Two days after I told them what had happened with Jeff, he was arrested and charged with domestic abuse, battery and aggravated assault and was supposed to serve 5-7 years in prison. It's only been two and a half and they were letting him out already due to 'good behavior'.

"Wait what?" Ruby yells shocked.

"Jeff, as in the same Jeff that is supposed to be in prison for another 3 plus years?" Annie asks with wide eyes and i nod my head slowly.

"How is this happening?" Beth asks.

"I was told it was due to good behavior and doing extremely well with his mental health treatment, he still will be on probation and he has to be on his meds at all times and to be nowhere near 50 feet of me." I say.

"Oh god this is awful. Did you want me to talk to Stan? See if there is anything else that could be done? " Ruby asks.

"Sure, that would be great, thank you Ruby. Right now, I just need to find a new place to live and preferably a place he would have a hard time finding me." I say.

"Well your more than welcome to come stay at my house." Beth says.

"Thanks Beth but I don't want to put anyone in danger in case he goes looking for me." I say and she nods in understanding.

"Well how about we go over the plan since your joining in?" Annie says and I nod.

With that we spend the next few hours going over exactly what we're going to do