Chapter 9

Dress^

"Hey what happened?" Beth asks as I walk in her door pissed.

"The police can't do anything without proof." I say sitting down at the kitchen island.

"Oh my god Lena! I'm so sorry." she says placing her hand on top of mine from across the table.

"It's okay Beth, it's not your fault. I just don't know what to do. Thankfully I don't think he knows where I live, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time." I say frustrated.

"You know you can stay here still." she says and I nod.

"I know thank you but I don't want anyone else in danger." I say and she nods in understanding.

"Want me to make you a coffee?" she asks and I shake my head.

"Any chance you got some liquor or a joint?" I ask and she nods.

"I have some rum." she says.

"Rum and coke?" I ask and she nods.

"This might sound crazy, but maybe see if Rio can let you stay longer? Give some time to see if the police can get some sort of proof." she says pouring my drink.

"I highly doubt that, I'm lucky enough he let me stay in the first place." I say.

"Which is extremely shocking, he clearly has some sort of a soft spot for you." she says and I roll my eyes.

"As if." I say.

"I'm serious." she says and I just shake my head.

"So, I was thinking us girls could go out tonight." I say.

"Yeah that sounds like a nice idea, ill message Ruby and Annie and see if they are able to come." she says and I nod.

"Thanks Beth." I say with a small smile.

"Anything for my lovely sister." she says with a chuckle.

"So how did you get your car?" she asks changing the topic.

"Eddy took me." I say and she looks at me with a raised brow.

"Eddy? As in the Eddy with a bullet wound in my daughter's bed?" she asks and I nod.

"Wow." she says.

"Yeah it was that or walk so I let him take me. He was actually really great. He even came with me to my apartment to make sure Jeff wasn't there." I say.

"Wow." she says again and I laugh.

"Well Ruby and Annie are both in, so i was thinking we could go get some pizza before I pick the kids up then tonight we will go out." she says and I grin.

"Sounds like a good idea. You know how much I love pizza." I say.

**********************************************************************************

All 4 of us girls hit the club like we were the biggest baddest bitches there. We spent the night drinking it away and dancing like the night would never end. Everything was perfect. Which I was incredibly grateful for. This was exactly what I needed after the past couple days I had.

"Hey I'm going to run to the bathroom really quick, order me another shot of tequila please?" I yell over to Annie as we make our way to the bar.

"Sure, thing sistah! You sure your good by yourself?" she asks knowing how drunk I already was.

"Yes." I giggle.

Things were definitely on the tipsy side but I still had enough in my head to make it to the bathroom and back and take another shot. Sure enough, I reach the bathrooms without a problem, relieve my bladder and wash my hands before stepping back out. Before I can even go in the direction of the bar. Strong arms suddenly grab me and slam me into the bathroom door pushing it open again and I'm quickly moved from the door to a wall and before I can even look up and see who it is, I hear the door being locked.

"Oh little Mina, you know I love seeing you in a short tight white dress." I hear the familiar voice whisper as I cringe.

"Jeff." I say.

"I must say, I really wasn't expecting to run into your here, but I'm so glad I did. I have been watching you all night, god you're such a tease. You knew I would be here so you came with your sisters and friend and gave me a show. Is this your sorry for me? Great choice." he says as his voice gets louder as he comes closer to me.

I keep my eyes on the floor not wanting to face the monster, but I knew deep down I was going to have to. I was going to have to look at the face of a men who hurt me so badly. Who broke me completely and has taken me to the darkest places in my life. Right when i start to become strong he comes back to break me back down.

"Tell me sweet Mina, how sorry are you?" he whispers in my ear suddenly.

My breath catches in my throat, stopping my breathing for a moment.

"Breath Mina." he says with a chuckle and I quickly do, not wanting to pass out.

"You need to leave." I say looking up at him with a dark look in my eyes.

"I'm afraid I'm not leaving without you this time sweetheart." he says reaching his hand out to stoke my cheek, but I quickly bite his hand hard.

He jumps back for a quick second but just as quickly his hand whips across my face. I let out a small scream at the sudden sharp sting in my face.

"I'm done playing nice now little girl." he says as his tone drops in a dark manner.

The one he always used when he would rape me.