Chapter 14

"My baby, is it okay?" I ask the doctor anxiously.

"I'm sorry miss, the baby didn't survive." she replies gently.

The baby didn't survive.

Didn't survive.

He was gone.

Dead.

I lost my baby boy.

My heart is beating fast, my breathing has come to a halt and the most painful feeling has overtaken my chest. My heart physically hurts. Aches so badly. It was shattering and I could feel every piercing inch of it break away.

"No... please no..." I whisper my voice shaking.

Please.

Please don't let this be true.

"I'm so sorry miss." she says softly and suddenly I can't hear a thing.

I feel my mouth open wide, my throat throbbing, the doctor is flinching back and I can feel warm liquid soak my cheeks at a rapid rate.

Everything is happening so fast in front of my eyes, but I can barely make anything out from the blurriness. Flashes of many colors all around me and suddenly Beth's blurry face is the only thing in view. Her deep blue eyes are pouring into me and I can feel my body feeling heavily shook.

Milena...

Milena...

Mami...

Wake up...

Mami?

"Mami! Wake up!" I hear Rio's familiar voice yell as my eyes burst open.

I take in full awareness to my body being shook and look up a bit to see Rio looking at me worriedly.

"Oh Mami, your awake!" he says pulling me against him tightly.

"What's going on?" I murmur softly.

"You were having a nightmare." he replies gently and it all comes crashing back to me.

Sobs instantly begin to rack through my body as the awful, painful memories of losing my baby boy come crashing down.

"Shh, it's okay. I'm here." he whispers soothingly as he begins to rock me.

I'm so broken I can't even talk, so I continue to sob as he continues to comfort me.

"Shh Mami, you need to try and relax. I know you're in pain right now from the loss of your previous baby, but you have to remember you have a little baby inside of you right now that needs you to be as calm as possible." he tells me, quickly making me pause for a moment.

Oh my god. How could I not think of that? Rio was right. I had to find a way to relax. I quick begin by slowing my breathing, then the tears. As my heart race slows down to a healthy pace. I take a deep breath before pulling back from Rio a bit.

"I'm sorry about that." I tell him and he shakes his head.

"You don't need to apologize, Mami." he tells me before placing a soft kiss on my forehead.

I look him up and down and notice he's all dressed for the day.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

"Got to pick Marcus up." he replies and I nod my head.

"Can I come?" I ask needing the distraction and he chuckles in response.

"Of course, Mami. Go get your sexy ass dressed. Don't be long." he tells me and I roll my eyes.

"Yes, Papi." I tell him as I get up off the bed.

He reaches over, giving my ass a slap before I make my way over to the dresser and begin to pull some fresh clothes out.

Once I'm dressed, Rio takes my hand and we both make our way downstairs. We make our way out of the apartment building and into his car before heading over to Marcus's mother's house.

Once we get there, Marcus gets in the car and we drive to McDonald's all of us getting a bite to eat before making our way back to the apartment. We get inside and all sit down on the couch.

"So, Marcus, me and Milena have something we need to tell you." Rio says and I furrow my brows confused.

"What is dad?" Marcus replies.

"You're going to be a big brother." he says and my eyes widen.

Apparently, we were having this conversation now, that would have been good to know. I'm not even out of my first trimester yet and as much as I didn't want to even consider the possibility. The realistic side of the situation was that I COULD still miscarry for some unknown reason.

I watch as Marcus's eyes widen and his jaw drops and he looks between me and Rio for a minute before a huge grin overtakes his face.

"I'M GOING TO BE A BIG BROTHER?! YAY!" he cheers, beginning to jump up and down excitedly and despite not being thrilled, I can't help but giggle.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" he cheers running over to me and wrapping his arms around me hugging me tightly.

"Your welcome?" I reply with a giggle as I hug him back.

"Do I get a baby brother or a baby sister?" he asks and I shrug.

"Not sure yet, but as soon as we find out we will tell you, okay?" I tell him and he nods his head excitedly before running upstairs and into his room to play.

"Rio, what the fuck was that? I'm not even in the safe zone of my pregnancy yet. What happens if... if..." I start to say but the words refuse to leave my mouth.

"Relax Mami. Everything is going to be fine. I know it. Just trust me okay?" he says and I let out a frustrated sigh.

"I trust you Rio, but anything is possible." I reply and he takes my hand in his soothingly, rubbing circles on my palm.

"Listen Mami, god forbid something happens then I will sit down and explain it to Marcus in the best way possible. Trust me though, that won't happen." he says and I bite my lip.

"I hope your right." I murmur as he places a soft kiss against my temple.