Chapter 45

Outfit^

After only a couple hours of sleep, I was awake again, showered and dressed, standing in Rio's kitchen making coffee as I waited for him to finish in the shower. Despite the lack of sleep, he insisted on taking me back to Beth's house so I could see the kids and it truly made me happy. Not as happy as I was last night though when I found out I was the first person he ever made love too. Just the thought of it brought a blush across my cheeks.

"I have some to go cups in the cupboard if you want use those." Rio's voice suddenly says from behind me, making me jump as he chuckles at my reaction.

"Sorry mami. I didn't mean to scare you." he says before wrapping his arms around me from behind, leaning down and kissing my neck softly.

"It's okay, I didn't realize how zoned out I was." I say and he chuckles.

"What were you thinking about?" he asks continuing to kiss my neck softly.

"You." I reply simply before turning my head back and kissing him softly.

"I am pretty good looking." he says and I roll my eyes with a smile on my lips.

"Let's go." I say as I finish making our coffees.

I hand one to him before slipping on some white heel sandals. He takes my hand gently as we make our way out to his car and he opens and closes the door for me before going and getting in himself. As he pulls onto the road, I lay back comfortably into the chair as he reaches over and takes my hand once again.

"Thank you for taking me." I say and he gives my hand a squeeze.

"It's my pleasure." he says and I smile.

"Did you want me to stop anywhere and get you something to eat?" he asks and I shake my head.

"If I get hungry, I'm sure Beth will have more than enough to offer me." I say and we both laugh.

"She really does have a thing for cooking, doesn't she?" he says and I laugh more.

"Yeah she does. She cooked a lot for me and Annie as kids and it went from being something, she did so we could eat to something she really enjoyed doing and getting creative with. Especially after having kids of her own. She really is a good mom." I say with a smile as I feel a small part of me break inside.

I loved my sister and watching how great of a mother she was with her kids, but a small part of me still hurt knowing that would never me as much as I had wanted it to be. When I was pregnant, all I wanted was to be as much as an amazing mother as Beth was and I had been so grateful that she was the role model I had in my life. Despite accepting that, that wouldn't be my life a little while ago, it was still a very sensitive wound within me that definitely was far from healed but it was one of those things I didn't like to open up about or share so I dealt with those feelings on my own.

"You would be just like her if not better if you were a mother as well." he says and I give him a small forced smile.

I take a large sip of my coffee before quickly changing the topic so that I would no longer think about it. Thankfully it's not long before we pull up to Beth's house. We get out of the car and make our way inside to see Beth, Dean, Eddy, Annie and Sadie.

"Auntie Mimi! Your back! How was Paris?!" Sadie yells excitedly quickly running towards me.

I quickly pull him into a hug and hug him tightly before responding.

"It was great but sadly I couldn't get any pictures because my phone broke but once you get a little older, we will go there together, sound like a plan?" I say hoping he wouldn't ask to many questions.

"That sounds great, I'm happy your back. I missed you." he says and I give him a small smile.

"I'm glad I'm back too. I missed you more then you could imagine." I say.

Before Sadie can respond I hear the door open and watch as Beth's kids coming running in.

"Mimi!" they cheer excitedly and I bend down with my arms open as they come running towards me and I wrap them all up in a large hug, never wanting to be away from them again.