Chapter 42

I don't' know how long I stood under the hot water of the shower, just replaying the past 24 hours in my head and trying to scrub any filth from Jordan's body off of me. Including the blood spats, I had stained on my skin which no one had commented on.

I had finally managed to drag myself out of the shower and felt as clean as I could be, knowing my soul would never be so innocent again before pulling on a pair of grey sweat pants and a long sleeve black crop top that Annie had brought me from her house. Beth gave me a toothbrush and let me use her hair brush so that I could freshen myself up after which I gladly did before grabbing the dirty night dress covered in dirt and Jordan's blood, before taking it back downstairs with me.

"Here I can take that for you." Beth says quickly as she notices it in my hand as I reach the last step of the stairs.

"Actually Beth, I was thinking Dean could start a little fire in the back. I could throw it in there. I don't want to ever see it again." I tell her and she looks over at Dean who looks unsure before nodding his head.

"Thank you." I say.

"Well how about we take a shot and I'll go get that started and the pizza will be here soon." Dean replies.

"Sounds perfect." I say walking over to the kitchen island and grabbing one of the shots.

Beth, Annie and Ruby all come over and grab one too and we count to three before slamming them back. Once we are finished, I follow Dean out to the backyard and drop the dress into the fire pit.

"Got a little gasoline we could poor to get it started?" I ask him.

"Yeah I think so, I'll go grab it." he says before running back to the house.

I stand there and wait a few minutes before he returns with a jug in hand. I watch as he pours some of the liquid onto the dress before putting some wood on top and a bit more gas on the wood.

"Ready?" he asks taking a barbecue lighter out of his pocket.

"Mind if I do it?" I ask and his eyes widen in surprise.

"Are you sure, Lena?" he asks a little uneasy.

"Yes Dean, I got it." I say and he lets out a sigh before handing over the lighter.

"Be careful." he tells me and I look over at him with a smirk.

"Believe me Dean, I got this." I say as my adrenaline begins to kick in.

I had never started a fire a day in my life asides from lighting up a candle or a joint. So, to be lighting up a fire with wood and gasoline, was the best idea but after the last 24 hours. I could do anything.

I walk over to it and hold it over before quickly lighting it and pulling my hand back as the fire instantly comes ablaze.

"Jesus Lena, a second more and you would be going to the E.R for a skin graft." Dean says quickly grabbing the lighter but I simply giggle.

"I'm fine Dean. I moved just in time. Now let's let this burn and go see if that pizza is here okay?" I tell him and he looks at me with a frown.

"Are you okay Lena? I don't know what happened but I'm guessing it wasn't good. If you ever want to talk, I'm here okay?" he says and I go over and pull him into a hug.

"Thank you, Dean. I may not be 100% okay right now, but for the most part I truly am. I went through a lot but I'm stronger now because of it." I tell him and he gives me a small squeeze before pulling away.

"Okay, well let's do that pizza." he says and we begin to walk back inside.

"Perfect timing! Pizza just got here!" Beth says happily as we walk back into the kitchen.

"Thank you, guys, I have almost everything I need the most right now!" I say happily.

"Almost? What are you missing?" Ruby asks.

"My man, my best friend, my nieces and nephews and a joint." I say and the girls laugh.

"Eddy texted and said they should be over soon. They are close to done." Annie says.

"Kids will be back tomorrow around noon." Beth says.

"And I got the joint." Ruby pipes up with a grin and I squeal and pull her into a hug.

"You guys truly are the best. Thank you. Now let's the party started. To drinks, pizza, dope and family!" I say raising my glass.

"To our crazy Lena being back." Beth says raising her glass and we all cheer before slamming our drinks back.

Let the party begin.