Chapter 20

Lena's Outfit^

I jump awake as I hear a door slam but quickly shut my eyes before I can even inspect anything as the light turns on, blinding me.

"Turn the fucking light off please." I groan rubbing my eyes.

"Jeez that's the bitchiest I have ever heard you " Eddy chuckles and I hear another familiar chuckle alongside his.

Rio's.

"Ever heard, don't poke the sleeping bear? I'm the bear." I grumble.

"Open your eyes mami." Rio says.

I do as he says and sure enough the light is now off and only the TV is on. I rub my eyes and sit up next to Eddy.

"Thank god, my leg is so numb." he groans and I giggle.

"Sorry." I murmur.

"It's no problem, anyway I best get back to work, catch you later." he says getting up.

"Wait!" I call before he reaches the door.

"Yeah?" he questions.

"Can you get me a joint done up? I can pay you. I have a feeling I'll need it after this." I say and he chuckles.

"Of course, don't worry about paying, just come on out when your done and I will have one ready for you." he grins.

"You're the best, thank you." I say and he nods before leaving the apartment.

I go back out to the living where Rio is now seated on the couch, where Eddy had been and I go and sit across from him on the other end of the couch.

"What did you do?" I ask right off the bat.

"Who said I did anything?" he questions and I roll my eyes.

Before I can even respond, I hear my phone start ringing. I quickly grab it and see Annie's name. She was finally calling me, finally!

"Hey." I say answering it.

"Dean was shot, you need to come, Beth is a mess and not a crying one either." Annie says hurriedly.

My eyes quickly dart up towards Rio and I bite my lip before replying.

"I'm leaving now, text me which area he is in and the room number." I tell her quickly before hanging up.

"YOU SHOT DEAN! WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING?! YOU SHOT MY NIECES AND NEPHEWS FATHER! THEY ARE ONLY KIDS! WHAT KIND OF MONSTER ARE YOU! DID YOU DO IT IN THEIR FUCKING HOUSE TO?!" I scream as I march over and slap him across the face.

"Fuck you." I tell him sharply before marching my way out of his apartment, where Eddy is already there waiting.

"I need a ride and that joint." I tell him.

"Where to?" he asks handing one over to me.

"My place quickly for clothes and then the hospital and go as fast as you can." I say as we quickly walk out of the building.

I'm coming Beth.

****************************************************************************
I was currently sitting with Beth, Annie and Ruby in the hospital waiting room. The girls had caught me up on the stuff that had been going on which was upsetting. I felt for Ruby, she loved Stan so much and now he wasn't talking to her and sleeping on the couch. I was worried for Annie who was having an affair with her ex Gregg and who also almost got raped by Boomer. Then there was Beth. I was so, so worried about Beth. Who just watched her husband get shot in her own home, by none other than Rio. We were all now just trying to focus on the situation at hand. Was Dean alive or dead?

I was grateful that Eddy had taken me home for a minute to change so that I looked presentable, but all the girls already knew I was high. So, when Beth suddenly busted out laughing her ass off instead of sitting silently like before, and I started to laugh at her, they already knew why. We both sat there, her laughing randomly and me laughing at her, in the waiting room with another couple across from us who now were glaring at us.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry." Beth says only to start laughing harder with tears now falling from her eyes.

"Are you laughing or crying?" Annie asks.

"I don't know." Beth replies.

"Are you happy or sad?" Ruby asks.

"I don't know." Beth says again.

"Oh god, I know I have to calm down. I was doing so good at playing it cool, but I'm sorry, you know me. When others laugh, I laugh." I say as the group gets up and walks away.

"It's just funny." Beth starts to say before letting out a chuckle.

"That I couldn't shoot the violent gang leader, and then I have poor Dean, just sitting there." she continues chuckling more.

"I mean talk about a drive by." she jokes and I laugh a little.

"It is kind of funny, but a bad funny." I admit.

"Miss Boland." The doctor says coming in as she is still laughing.

I suck in a breath, biting my lip, praying for good news.

"Sorry she's upset." Ruby says as the doctor eyes Beth.

"Your husband is going to be fine, if it had of been more to the right, it would have been a different conversation. You got lucky. It will be a long road to recovery, but he is alive." He tells her before walking out.

Me, Ruby and Annie smile.

"This is great!" I say happily but I look over and see a frown on Beth's face.

"I didn't kill him." she states blankly.

"Yay!" Annie cheers.

"He is going to kill me." she states.