Chapter 10

~Milena's P.O.V~

By the time I got to Beth's house, I was an anxious wreck. As soon as me and Rio had finished our little love making session on the kitchen island, I had been yet again reminded that I was pregnant, with HIS baby.

I knew I had to tell him, sooner rather than later. I just wasn't ready. I didn't know how. I was terrified. Terrified he would want an abortion. Terrified he would be mad. Terrified he would leave me. Terrified he wouldn't love this baby.

He told me, no matter what he loved me and wanted to be with me, but we also didn't discuss kids in our future. We already ended up in love with each other which through us both off guard. I never planned on having another baby due to not being in love and I know he felt the same way. So, what would this mean for us? For this baby?

Most of all though? Terrified I would lose the baby. I still had a few more weeks to go before my pregnancy was technically considered 'safe'. Truth be told, I'm not even sure I could handle the loss of another baby. My first one had nearly killed me. The emotional pain had been so hard to cope with. It was something that I was terrified to ever go through again. Another reason, I had not wanted another baby.

All I knew, was that right now. I needed Beth.

As I walk inside, shutting the door behind me. I see her standing by the kitchen island, sugar cookies already sitting on a plate, waiting for me. I go and sit on one of the chairs and grab a cookie.

"So, what's up?" she asks me softly.

"I'm fucking terrified Beth." I tell her letting out a long sigh and taking another bite of my cookie.

"Okay well what are you terrified about?" she asks and I roll my eyes.

"Everything." I state and she chuckles softly.

"Let's go specific." she says and I sigh again.

"I'm extremely terrified I'm going to lose this baby. You know I can't go through that again." I start off and she nods her head softly.

"Well for starters, you need to start relaxing. For example, right now you're really stressed and that's not good for the baby. You need to relax for right now and stress about things later on when it's a bit safer." she tells me and I nod my head.

"I'm just terrified to tell Rio." I tell her and she bites her lip.

"I understand why, so let's sit back and think for a moment while you eat a second cookie. Which is going to make you feel less stressed. Telling Rio now and getting it over with and dealing with whichever outcome, or keeping it secret until your 14th week of pregnancy and then telling him and dealing with the outcome." she tells me and I frown as I take it all in and think about it.

"I honestly don't know Beth, I never thought of it that way." I reply and she rolls her eyes.

"So ACTUALLY, sit here quietly and THINK about it. Here have the cookie." she says as she hands me a second one.

I sit back and eat the cookie as I consider both options. Keeping it a secret and telling him after my 13th week seemed like the safer option in case he didn't take it well but then again I wasn't sure I could look at him every day for the next few weeks and NOT tell him and the whole time I'm going to stress and worry about his reaction. Not to mention, the more weeks would make me fall even more for him when he might completely be done with me.

I was strong. Right? I mean fuck, look at all the shit I have been through. If I can make it out alive after all of that, then I can definitely handle him not taking it well. At the end of the day, I would have this baby, raise this baby, love this baby, no matter what. Even if I did it alone. So, fuck it.

"I decided." I tell Beth.

"Which is it?" she asks.

"I'm going to tell him. I'm strong. I know what I'm doing already. Might as well rip the band-aid off now." I tell her.

"That's my baby sister." she says with a grin.

"I want one more cookie for the road though... maybe two." I say and she laughs.

"Take the plate. I made them for you." she says and I grin.

"You're the best! Thank you!" I say and she laughs.

I grab the plate and make my way into my jeep, placing the cookies on the passenger seat before calling Rio.

"Hey Mami, what's up?" he says after the first ring.

"Hey Rio, when will you be done work?" I ask.

"Probably an hour or two but if you want me to come early, I can be there in 20. It's not a big thing." he tells me.

"Are you sure?" I ask not wanting him to leave anything important.

"Yup, I'll see you at the apartment in 20." he tells me.

"Thank you." I tell him before hanging up and driving back to the apartment.

Be strong, Milena. Be strong. You can do this. No matter what. I sang in my mind.