Chapter 16

Dress^

Today was the day. The day I got to find out my baby's gender. Yesterday I had gotten the blood work for it and I asked my doctor to call Beth and tell her the gender so that today we could have a little celebration. I was excited, after writing that letter and doing everything with it. It definitely gave me an overwhelming feeling of peace and also happiness, knowing that this little baby inside of me would always have its older sibling as it's guardian angel.

I give myself one more look in the mirror, making sure my wavy blonde hair still had no flyways and made sure my pink and blue dress I had bought, especially for today was not wrinkled before slipping on a pink flat on one foot and a blue from another set on the other. I make my way downstairs to see both Marcus and Rio waiting by the door. Both of them wearing pale pink shirts since they both were hoping for a girl.

"You look beautiful, Mami." Rio says as I walk over and he wraps his arm around my waist before placing a soft kiss to my temple.

"Thank you, you both look handsome in your shirts as well." I say with a giggle and Marcus shoots me a happy grin.

"Where are we going?" Marcus asks as we get out to Rio's car and buckle in.

"We are going to my sister Beth's house. You have been there before for a birthday party." I tell him and he looks at me quizzingly.

"You will see once we get there." I say with a chuckle.

I turn on the radio and we listen to some music before pulling up to Beth's house.

"I remember this place!" he says and me and Rio chuckle.

"Come on, let's go in and you can go play." I say and he grins happily as I get out and open his door, letting him out.

We make our way to Beth's door step and I give it a couple knocks before Beth opens it.

"Lena!" she cheers happily pulling me into a hug before letting us all in.

"Where is everyone?" I ask as I walk further into her house.

I seen everyone's cars outside, so where were they all?

"Outside. Thought it might be nicer to do it out there." she tells me with a smile.

I follow her towards the back door and watch as she opens it and my jaw instantly drops at the sight before me.

"Beth! Oh my god! This  is so incredibly perfect

"Beth! Oh my god! This is so incredibly perfect. Oh my god, It's a fairytale. Thank you so much." I say as a happy sob leaves my throat.

As tears begin to flow down my cheeks from how amazingly perfect this was, Beth instantly pulls me into a hug as chuckles vibrate off of her.

"Your welcome, now dry those tears and let's go see the food I baked and then get a closer eye at the giftbox." she tells me and I nod into her shoulder before pulling away from her.