Chapter 12

The sound of a door shutting, quickly jolts me awake as I quickly sit up on the couch and look over to see Rio locking the door.

"What time is it?" I murmur quietly.

"3am." he replies and I let out a small sigh as I lay my head back down.

"Sorry for waking you." he apologizes as he makes his way over to the couch.

"It's alright, I didn't even mean to fall asleep." I reply and he gives me a small nod.

"Did you want me to take you upstairs and we can talk in the morning." he asks me and I shake my head.

"No, we can talk now. Just give a few minutes to wake myself up." I murmur as I push myself back up into a sitting position.

I rub my eyes before getting up off the couch and going to the bathroom. I empty my bladder, wash my hands, brush my teeth and splash some cold water on my face before making my way to the kitchen. I make myself a tea and grab 2 more cookies before going and sitting back down on the couch. Rio watches me as I eat my cookies and sip my tea until I'm finished.

"So, did you want to start?" I ask with my warm tea in my hands and he nods.

"How far along are you?" he asks.

"9 weeks." I reply and I watch as he pauses for a moment, most likely thinking about the time frame.

"9 weeks... 9 weeks ago. That was the week... the week we had reunited." he says and I nod my head.

"It's yours." I tell him knowing it was coming next.

"Are... are you sure? I'm not trying to be rude... just I know the things you went through and he use to knock you out a night so..." he starts to say slowly but I quickly cut him off.

"I understand the concern Rio, which is why I got a DNA test. It's yours. I can show you if you would like." I tell him, hoping to god he wouldn't kill me.

"Show me." he says and I grab my phone off the coffee table, opening the document I had asked my doctor to send me with the results.

I pass my phone over to him and watch as he reads it.

"How?" he asks and I bite my lip.

"How what?" I ask innocently.

"How did you get my DNA?" he asks with a raised brow and I let out a sigh.

"Please don't kill me." I tell him, starting off.

"Mami, I'm not going to kill you. I don't kill pregnant woman." he tells me and I roll my eyes.

"I was hoping I would get a more romantic response." I mutter.

"I'm still waiting on your response on how you got my DNA. Let's start with that." he tells me and I let out a long sigh before explaining what I did.

"YOU DID WHAT?!" he yells and I flinch.

"I'm sorry but I needed to know before I told you and I couldn't just ask you to get random blood work." I explained and he lets out a groan while rubbing his temples.

"I'm going for a smoke. I'll be back in a few minutes. Stay there." he tells me before getting up and making his way out to the balcony.

I sit on the couch, finishing my tea as I wait for him to come back in. As I set my empty cup down on the coffee table, he makes his way back inside, coming back over and sitting on the couch.

"You're a crazy fucking bitch. You know, that right? Who knew you were as fucked up as I am." he tells me and I roll my eyes with a small grin playing on my lips.

"You're not mad?" I ask and he rolls his eyes.

"I'm not happy, but I get it." he tells me and I nod my head.

"I am sorry, but if I had to do it again, I wouldn't change a thing." I tell him truthfully.

"So, what's the plan?" he asks me.

"I'm keeping it." I tell him.

"I don't get a say?" he asks with a raised brow and I shake my head.

"I'm sorry Rio, I love you but this is a fucking miracle for me. I believe this was meant to happen. I get a second chance to be a mother and better yet with a man I love as the father. So even if you don't want anything to do with it, at least I knew this baby was made with someone I love and who treated me beautifully." I tell him and he furrows his brows.

"You really think I wouldn't want anything to do with it Mami?" he asks and I shrug.

"I love you Mami. I said what I meant. No matter what. Truthfully, I was not expecting or prepared for this and I never wanted to have another baby, never even gave it a thought. After a lot of thinking though, we can do this. We have gone through worse struggles then this. Plus, you're going to be an amazing mother and Marcus has always wanted a sibling. So, this baby isn't the worst thing." he tells me and tears of happiness and relief instantly well in my eyes.

"I love you so much Rio." I tell him and he comes over to me, lifting me into his arms and sitting down with me in his lap.

"I love you too Mami and I can't wait to love this little baby too." he tells me placing his hand on my flat tummy.

"You're the best thing that has ever happened to me, Rio. I hope you know that. You have saved me, made me fall in love again and now you have given me the most amazing gift. To have one of my own and be a mother." I tell him before smashing my lips against his with so much passion and need, I thought I might explode.